Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Also that 140characters for the post to count is retarded!
    Indeed, and it's definitely something I feel is choking people out of posting. People like to be recognized for their efforts, no matter how small or petty. It's a bit frustrating for me, and I hardly even care myself. It almost feels like a subtle "Your post wasn't really good enough", and draws out posts that really didn't need to be that long. Brevity is a good thing sometimes.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I can't earn posts for posting cute and sarcastic one-liner. :C

I WANT MEAT, NOT FAT AND WATER.

Well, sure, maybe some fat to soften to up and give it some taste BUT YEAH, MEAT.

Conspirancy : Mods are actually vegetarian and want you to eat vegetable posts instead of meat.

Weasyl
    N/A
    This 140 character restriction is unusual, but post count isn't worth a first thought let alone a second one.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Is the character limit for regular users? Or is it because you haven't made posts outside the intro forums and it needsa post count to verify you are not a spam bot?

Either way this place could benefit from a more experienced person who knows how to add in counter mods that don't hurt user interaction.

Hi Sarcastic!

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Is the character limit for regular users? Or is it because you haven't made posts outside the intro forums and it needsa post count to verify you are not a spam bot?
    I'm pretty sure in this case it's site-wide. As they mentioned in your "this" suggestion post, it's designed to allow people to post things like "this", "agreed", etc without doing postcount++. Personally I don't really care that much about postcount, but I can see it being an issue for people who do. Also an invitation to shitpost without abandon.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    The best kind of way to "This" something is to

Get over 5-6 people to quote that thing and is the only thing in their post.

Sadly, it really is spam but at the same time, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Indeed, and it's definitely something I feel is choking people out of posting. People like to be recognized for their efforts, no matter how small or petty. It's a bit frustrating for me, and I hardly even care myself. It almost feels like a subtle "Your post wasn't really good enough", and draws out posts that really didn't need to be that long. Brevity is a good thing sometimes.
    Aye. Though it pains for me to admit it, such a vanity called following post counts is what I do. This 140 rule is preventing people from making short replies, which often are the bread of the thread.
    Without living threads, the forum can't live

Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    Hi Sarcastic!
    Hello. You seem to know me, but I don't know you.
    FAF name?
    Also because of your avatar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-52ewlc-Nk
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post

Either way this place could benefit from a more experienced person who knows how to add in counter mods that don't hurt user interaction.
    I'm pretty sure that since I have made this account one and a half years back and have more than a hundred posts the system should know I'm not a spambot.
    If it's an incentive to go premium that's understandable, but it has a way of dividing the forums into two, "f2p" and "p2w" so to speak.
    The rabble and the elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    The best kind of way to "This" something is to

Get over 5-6 people to quote that thing and is the only thing in their post.

Sadly, it really is spam but at the same time, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Hello. You seem to know me, but I don't know you.
    FAF name?
    Also because of your avatar [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-52ewlc-Nk[/url.
    I used to be called Tiamat on FAF. I was an art mod.

Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    I used to be called Tiamat on FAF. I was an art mod.
    Hey that's a name I recognise. Glad to see even more friendly/familiar faces here.
    Seems like Weasyl has become the kool kids klub of kool fafers