Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Experimenting with New PDF for fiction.

    Hmmm. It looks fairly good, formatting-wise, but isn't the embedded size kinda small? I'm just comparing it to the 100% view in the regular PDF reader, and, yeah. That text is _real_ small, comparatively.

    Is there a way to upsize it, or would I need to use a larger font for PDF uploads?

    My experiment here: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/29...and-the-wolves

  2. #2
    Retired Staff Levi's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Levi
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    My tablet and phone absolutely hate this formatting. Didn't get to look on my laptop before going to work, though.
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Technically Staff charmander's Avatar
    Weasyl
    charmander
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by foozzzball View Post
    Hmmm. It looks fairly good, formatting-wise, but isn't the embedded size kinda small? I'm just comparing it to the 100% view in the regular PDF reader, and, yeah. That text is _real_ small, comparatively.

    Is there a way to upsize it, or would I need to use a larger font for PDF uploads?

    My experiment here: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/29...and-the-wolves
    Yes, it is a bit small, isnít it? Right now, the way to upsize it is to zoom in with your browser. Iíll pick a better default.

    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    My tablet and phone absolutely hate this formatting. Didn't get to look on my laptop before going to work, though.
    Is it too small for you, too? Or does it maybe not let you scroll horizontally? If itís something other than those two, Iíd be grateful for a screenshot. Thereís still a lot to iron out here, as you can see!

  4. #4
    Retired Staff Levi's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Levi
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by charmander View Post
    Is it too small for you, too? Or does it maybe not let you scroll horizontally? If itís something other than those two, Iíd be grateful for a screenshot. Thereís still a lot to iron out here, as you can see!
    Pages appear stacked (and on the phone only about half the document shows up without downloading). I emailed a tablet screenshot this morning, so hopefully y'all got it.

    I may send a phone screenshot later, but Android makes that complicated.
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Technically Staff charmander's Avatar
    Weasyl
    charmander
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    38
    Oh… would you happen to see small upside-down text in the default font overlaid on each page?

  6. #6
    I think Levi means essentially this ('I only see half'), when viewed vertically. When you see this, you cannot scroll left to right, either. It's locked to the 'left side', if that makes sense.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ab40197iro...2015.10.08.png

    If the phone supports rotation and has more pixel real estate in that mode, horizontally, I get this, which looks a lot better.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n6wb5fl6t...2015.11.36.png

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Technically Staff charmander's Avatar
    Weasyl
    charmander
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    38
    Ah, yes, that’s the horizontal scroll thing.

    It’s an easy correction to make – I just have to make sure with the team that said correction won’t accidentally break anything else. Sorry.

    As for any upside-down text anyone may or may not have been experiencing, a fix has been added; it should go live sometime today.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Pages appear stacked (and on the phone only about half the document shows up without downloading). I emailed a tablet screenshot this morning, so hopefully y'all got it.

    I may send a phone screenshot later, but Android makes that complicated.
    (Especially) ff your tablet is Android 4.0+, check out this article, which makes screenshotting pretty simple. http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/pho...-Or-Tablet.htm

  9. #9
    Retired Staff Levi's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Levi
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Regarding the upside-down text: yes, that happens often. Not always though.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylerbunny View Post
    (Especially) ff your tablet is Android 4.0+, check out this article, which makes screenshotting pretty simple. http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/pho...-Or-Tablet.htm
    The power button + volume method almost never works. You must time things perfectly while praying it may work for once. (I'm also familiar with the other methods and find them lacking.)
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Technically Staff charmander's Avatar
    Weasyl
    charmander
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    38
    Upside-down and tiny default text for PDFs should be fixed now. Sorry about that.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •