Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Story of Your Username

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    It's my name.

=P

Weasyl
    Hewge
    It was actually just a WoW character name: "Huge Bulge". But I took it to the next level and thought up "Hewge". I am so original and have imaginative, yo.
    And now I just use it for everything everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AndiGreyScale View Post
    It's my name.

=P
    'Scuse me while I add you to be "Stalk" list.
    That's a nice bedside lamp you have there.

I didn't like the first name I had given my fursona, so I resorted to looking around my bedroom for some inspiration and saw my Banjo Tooie game. Tooie sounded like a cool name and I just stuck -bird on the end of it. Everyone always asks me if it's because I love Kazooie (which most people think her name is Tooie in the second game) but it's just because I thought it sounded cool.

A long time ago, there was a game called Diablo. In this game, when you beat it, you received a title. Sir(? or Lord) if you were a male character, and Dame if you were a female character.
    My dad played this game all the time when I was growing up. When I was computer-capable enough to play a "serious" game, I started playing Quake II.
    In Quake II, we had downloaded character skins, and one was an anthro robot wolf creature. I decided to use that character and called myself LordGrayWolf.
    Fast forward maybe a year or two, and I'm computer-savvy enough to go onto netscape chatrooms. I needed a cool name. Up until then I'd been using Chichi Ray for Quake II (we lost the pack that the wolf skin came in and never found it again, so yeah) online gaming, but my dad said that wasn't cool enough. So I thought back to that wolf character, and my dad's Diablo characters, and said, How about Dame Gray Wolf?
    damegraywolf1_1 was the original name, I think (11 because I was 11). Met some cool people in that chatroom.
    Started using DameGreyWulf instead to be "even cooler" when I started being a personality on the Internet (you know, social media). The first usage of this variant was Quizilla in 2002/3. I've been using it ever since.

Weasyl
    ssyn191
    I think how it went down for me was that I was looking for a username on a particular site, and I kept on trying all variations but it was taken.
    So I went on a fantasy name generator and it popped up with Ssyn. I thought it sounded cool, it was simple, unique, and started with an S (my IRL name starts with an S as well) so I typed it in, and voila!

Now Ssyn's become sort of an alternate persona of mine online. xP
    If there's water in watermelons, then what are in kumquats?

Quote Originally Posted by Unf View Post
    I didn't expect the name to be taken so I typed it in and it worked.
    Pretty much it but now I think it's cool so I am glad I have it
    This.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Little white fluffy guy from the Final Fantasy series. There's moogles in almost all the games, but the one my username basis off of is Mog from FF6. I actually got this name by fluke as I tend to go with "IVIoogle" on almost all platforms I sign up to. Got lucky here!

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #158

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    So many interesting stories... but this one isn't one.

Corruption of my RL surname that I was tagged with on IRC circa 1999, and it fit within the 9 character nick length limit on oz.org at the time so I've used it ever since.

I like to use verbs and names. Just sounds cool.

I've always chose memorable names for the characters I play in the world I created. That way I would always remember them. LOL The character Cause the Rat was way to cool not to use. His name is like an unfinished sentence. His full name and tittle 'Cause of the Rat nation. Ambassador of Tapon Ru'. On Tapon Ru he would be called Cause by people in town or friends. Cause, Spacer of Linkerbottoms. Is how he would be know everywhere else on Tapon Ru. Spacer being his calling and Linkerbottoms the town he lives in. It would be improper to say 'the Rat'. It's obvious he's a rat. However if there is two with the same name then it would be ok to say, Cause the rat. Cause the horse. Just to keep the separate when in a conversation. Less formal and more practices would be to call each by their calling. Spacer, Towny.

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    Wanted a good old fashioned Kiwi name, because at the time everybody was making their fursona sparkledogs with crazy stupid colour variations on crazy stupid names, to try at being original. I figured the best way to be original with this going on was to ironically choose the most mundane name I could think of.

It worked.