Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Story of Your Username

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    :I one hell of a name, there. Why hoof in welsh, though?
    I have a secondary fursona who has hoofs, my primary one however has paws c:
    Welsh hhmmm... I was checking out "hoof" in all different languages and found the welsh version to be both short and appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Oh my... Now I know where I've seen this name ! Carno is where my grand-parents have their second home (it's near Newtown in Wales)
    That's really cool actually, I had no idea there was even a place dedicated to the word!
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

Weasyl
    RedLeFrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnau View Post
    That's really cool actually, I had no idea there was even a place dedicated to the word!
    It's a really small block and easily missable, so I don't blame you ^^ Thinking of it makes me nostalgic now, as it's been 2 or 3 years I haven't been there...
    This link might contain cookies. Spoilers : it does not, it's just a trap link towards something I write. Sorry...

Weasyl
    certifiedkawaiidad
    I'm a dad with a grad cert in kawaii studies.

Mine came about when I decided I was tired of using 'Amerillo' for all of my usernames (Don't get me wrong I still love that name, which is why the Amer part stuck, it being my parakeet's name and all)
    ...Seriously though I can't remember the last time I didn't set my username as Amerillo (other than Steam) …I’ve almost written it on school papers a few times- I don’t think my teachers would appreciate bird doing my homework though xP

The second part came about when I went looking for an awesome word to use in place of Amerillo- I managed to stumble across the spanish word 'Duende' which is defined as "A spirit of passion and inspiration" (Google Translate says its means 'Elf' but the other definition is cooler)
    I dunno, maybe I just have a thing for fun obscure words that sound pretty.

I've always had fruit-based usernames for some reason; I don't know why. 'Apple' is just something that stuck for a few years, longer than the other ones had.
    I just recently moved to 'MongooseApples' though due to getting my computer cleaned out and losing a lot of information. My fursona is also a mongoose, so I felt it was a fitting username.

Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    "Billy", because I like simple, common names. In a community where everyone got names in japanese, latin, sanskrit... Freakin' ARAMAIC... Even in Zalgo'ed english... A common name stands out more uniquely XD

"MT" stands for "Monster Tamer" when the site's character limit doesn't let me type the whole thing out. It's both for my 'sona's occupation in-universe, and OOC, my favorite game genre. Pokémon, Digimon, Dragon Quest Monsters, Shin Megami Tensei, any game where you can capture monsters for allying them is fair game x3

Weasyl
    t_iii
    T III has been my pen name for years in one form or another. It started out as simply using the Welsh spelling of my name Davy (which is apparently Taffy). The III was simply to mark my age compared to the other writers in my group of friends as I was the 3rd oldest. So what started out as Taffy III was shortened to T III as a gamertag at university as our class had a private lab where we set up a lot of LAN gaming tournaments. And it eventually evolved from that to the symbol I use for my sites logo and my avatar.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Admiration for the traits of the APBT breed.

Originally it was the name of a male pony character I came up with who specialized in making salads who was also a bit of a hippy

Weasyl
    Art Vulpine
    My username Art Vulpine is my fursona, a purple cartoon fox.
    DeviantArt FurAffinity

Imagination is the Source of Creativity!