Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Story of Your Username

Weasyl
    Link320
    I really can't remember when I took my name. I'm going to hypothesise that I made it for Runescape, which would explain why I chose 'Link' and needed numbers on the end.
    I'm a very consistent person, so it's stuck since then with no changes. The numbers annoy me sometimes as I'm worried they make me look like a n00b to people, but they do mean that I'm able to keep the same simple name across most of the internet without it being taken.

My username was originally going to be the name of some key factor in my story but I trashed it but decided to keep the name. :3
    Inactive account

I have a whole list of common male and female names I've come up with for this... thing I'm doing.

I literally just picked a random name from the list and made it my username because I couldn't think of anything better. It's certainly not going to be a permanent handle for me (at least, not on any other sites). Just something quick and catchy.

Weasyl
    crazy-luna
    Crazy-luna or Luna-the-kitty depending on the site came from when I took on the name Luna a few years back, I wanted to change my user name on dA but at the time that was not available, so I moved to accounts. At first it was luna-the-kitty to match a friend of mine who had the same set up for her user name. Luna came from the fact that I am fascinated by the night sky and moon, so I was looking at names for moon and Luna came up and I took it on. The crazy comes from my personality I'm quite quirky. From my old name kitty comes from the fact that my fursona is a cat.
    Sleep, tea, art + insanity

I am dyslexic and I am sorry if I ever miss spell something

My name starts with L.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousL View Post
    My name starts with L.
    And so, the plot thickens.

Weasyl
    Torrijos_sama
    Omar Torrijos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    And so, the plot thickens.
    ok, fiiiine. It's based off this group I used to be on with Skype, a little artist symposium of sorts. I went by L there as well, and thought nothing of it until a discussion started on what gender I was, because nobody knew.

I didn't help much, because of my general feeling that it didn't matter.

I got tired of using a nickname of one of my characters. It was simple,generic and next to that I was getting notes asking if I was the 'White Demon' at some conventions on DA.

So with the end of a very long lasting and scaring drama I ended the WD account and me and a friend of mine just spend hours brainstorming.
    We randomly came upon space and rogue,so we made the Spacerogue. I though it fitted like a glove, its gender neutral, sounds groovy, sci-fi. Later I discovered its also a really old video game, I hope thats not problematic tho.

I still effing love this name to bits, best internet decision ever made.

For me, I bounced around the idea of becoming more than a lurker for years. Only very recently did I decide that I should but I decided if I was going to run around the Romes of furries, I ought to adopt a custom or two, specifically a fursona.

My obsession with alliteration and/or rhyming had me combining all sorts of garbage until I could finally get something that I thought would make sense and still sound snappy. I decided I'd lean on one of the distinct features of the character I envisioned, his busted up beak. The word in Spanish is "pico." And after a bit of digging around, it turns out a Spanish word for magpie is "picaza."

All very recent and pretty meta but here we are.