Weasyl
    Daigo

(Suggestion) Profile gallery ideas and more

I made a journal about this on my page , but got referred to posting it here! so I shall! if that's okay. I'm not much of a forum dweller but since it has a better chance of being spotted here , its the right place!

This site has A LOT of awesome in it. I figure now would be a good time to suggest some things I think would help make it better in any case. first let me say how much I love the layout of this place. Big ole profile page with commission info and a giant image from your most recently uploaded image. As awesome as that is, I think it would be neat to be able to customize what exactly is upfront in your profile. What I mean by this is , as great as it is having your most recent image be the profile image, I would like to be able make a certain image be the one highlighted and the image I want people to see. Another customization for the profile page is to allow for which gallery you choose to be shown. Right now, the profile page only has your most recent and the submissions bar leading to your gallery. That's not fair if say someone who's not an artist that is trying to follow with collections like Weasyl suggests. That way someone visiting their page doesn't get an empty page where there are no submissions but rather leads to their collection and the empty submissions bar would be the collections bar. They could also choose to have there Favorites be the prime gallery too if they wanted. Just Something that would help people who are not artists Fill their page with images so they can express what they like and or what they have gotten.

I also would like to see something along the lines of what Inkbunny has done multiple upload system. Uploading more than one image at a time and sequential images. When you upload images that supposed to be related, it doesn't upload them separately, it puts them both together. I know weasyl allows for Folders. but I don't want to have to create tons of mini folders for edited images finished images. So say I posted sketch...and then later finished the sketch. I don't want to have to upload a separate image when it can just update the sketch AND be connected to it. it would also allow for comics to be placed in a comic folder and then be contained within itself.

For my last suggestion, I would like to ask for maybe if you tag your art with "Scraps" that they do not be shown on the front page and only to followers. so not to take the spotlight from better works you put out. scraps are scraps for a reason XD.

I think that's all i got at the moment...but what do you guys think? are they silly suggestions?

I'd love more profile customization <3 I mean I'm sure it's on the to-do list, but I'd like it to have a little more priority maybe (if I had a choice) xD

I personally have no preference with the multiple upload system, I don't think that it'd really affect me, but it still looks like a pretty good suggestion.

A scraps folder/tag/something is a must though!
    I feel as though Weasyl's intentions was to post "the best" or close to the best of artist's works to prevent ugly clutter. Maybe unless users specifically watch other user's scraps, they don't appear in inboxes? And it wouldn't appear in the main page's "recent submissions" pool. (Kind of like how there's a friends-only feature). I'd support a specific area like for characters and such on the main page for scraps, too. (If that makes sense? xD)

Weasyl
    Daigo
    Well thankfully thanks to someone I learned that My first suggestion is actually partially already there. I was afraid of empty looking profiles, but they allow you to place your Collections or characters in thumbnail bar in lieu of submissions and junk. So thats awesome. I agree though , more customization would be awesome.

The scraps though I hope they can introduce in some manner.

I agree with the scraps idea, having a scraps section with low priority (meaning, not showing on your main submissions, and only sending a notification for your followers whenever you upload a scrap) woud be a nice feature, so you can post stuff for warming up or practice and not having them on the latest main submissions preview on your profile.

I feel that Weasyl has a shiny future.