Weasyl
    DragonMasterX

I like to write! :D

In specific, I love writing comedy and action stories. I've a little comic-book-like series of short, standalone stories I like to call The Stinger that I regularly update whenever inspiration strikes. I also love writing transformation and growth stories, and I've a couple digimon lemons that I did back in my time.

I'm always trying new things, as in outside my comfort zone, especially when people commission me. I've done horror, sci-fi, fantasy on top of purely fetishistic short stories.

What're you guys' favorite genres for reading? O:

Weasyl
    Levi
    Lately? I've been looking for more philosophical and theological works. It's been a greater interest of mine for the past few months, and most fiction is taking a backseat for now.
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

Weasyl
    DragonMasterX
    I understand. Philosophy's important to keep above things as "just how they are", and to take a bit of time to reflect. I try to make things interesting, add a bit of spice and pool encyclopedic research as much as I can in order to keep even fiction safe from terrible inaccuracies.

Hi fellow latino. I'll shoot you a PM if my user level allows. Hope to see some comments from you!

Does anybody like reading horror stories? If so, what kind of plot device do you think is more effective for gripping the audience? The Unknown, like Stephen King's? Perhaps a monstrous LoveCraftian horror hot on the pursuit of the protagonist? Or just indescribable amounts of gore and slasher? O:
    Check out my action-comedy series, The Stinger!

https://www.weasyl.com/submissions?u...folderid=31474

Weasyl
    Levi
    Horror stories and I do not get along all that well. My imagination tends to be too vivid at the wrong times and turns on me when I least want it to. That said, the closest I can get to horror stories are ones that are dark in tone and somewhat suspenseful. No gratuitous gore or things of that nature. (That's not horror to me; that's just repulsive.)

My only exposure to Stephen King is "The Jaunt." That had me thinking for weeks.

Weasyl
    DragonMasterX
    I've only read summaries for Stephen King. I'm a bad reader in the sense that I'm too lazy to find e-books or web transcripts for stories, lol. Don't ask me to go the library. I spent twenty minutes looking around for a book before I realized I was at the coffee shop next door to the book shop.

Now setting my incompetence aside, I should still look into getting more books to read. Oh and I don't write horror stories to be honest. I do enjoy using a bit of suspense or straight-out gory scenes if a fraction of one of my stories requires it, like during Extinction Agenda when the heroine finds a pile of human remains left behind by a psychopath killer. Kinda like to illustrate the mood of the atmosphere, but nothing to define the story, really.

Weasyl
    Levi
    If the story requires it, that's different. Sometimes you need it in a story, and I would read that. It's when you have violence, or sex, or profanity, or just about anything else really, solely for the sake of putting it in there without it advancing the plot in any meaningful manner that I don't like it. (That was a horrible sentence and you may hurt me for attempting it.)

Recently I downloaded a few more than a dozen ebooks that Amazon was giving away, so I can experiment with a few authors I've never heard of before. Sometime soon I'll get around to those. Sometime I'll finish Institutes of the Christian Religion, too. That will be difficult.

Weasyl
    DragonMasterX
    Well, if you wanna read my stuffs, I recommend starting with Amazing Fiction #i. That title's a reference to the Amazing Spider-Man's origin story, not me doing intricate maneuvers to lick my own ego.

Then you can read Wonderful World, which is the proper start to the Stinger series!

Weasyl
    Signy
    I'm a sucker for romance, and I gravitate towards steam and dieselpunk, alternative history, and historical settings in general. Meljean Brook's Iron Seas series is a current addiction that hits several of those themes. I love weird and whimsical adventures featuring children such as Skary Childrin and the Carousel of Sorrow (a woefully under-appreciated book). I enjoy military history, especially naval themed, and highly suggest anything by Dan Kurzman. I don't read science fiction as much as I used to, but I was huge fan of C. J. Cherryh as a young adult. Comics wise, there's ElfQuest, which has been a lifelong love affair of mine.

So yeah...that's my reading tastes in a nutshell. All over the place, really.

Writing wise, I do steampunk mostly, though I've been known to stray into gaslamp fantasy. I've been working on a horror re-telling of the origin of L. Frank Baum's Tin Woodsman character. For a children's story, it was already pretty horrible.