Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Weasyl Logo

Weasyl Logo

Last edited by Syynx; 12-18-2013 at 12:13 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Hey Syynx, it's cool that you took the initiative on this and it's a neat idea. Unfortunately we already have something in the works for reveal at a later date (we know the current logo's already looking dated), and it's already pretty finalized. Stay tuned! I can't wait to share it with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syynx View Post
    Why is the Weasyl logo an apple? IS it an apple?
    I believe PunkJax, the creator of this iteration of the logo, wanted a silhouette of a beret that also invoked the image of an apple (it's working!) for certain symbolic purposes. Feel free to ask him if you'd like more elaboration!

It looked like an artists hat to me idk

It's a beret. x3 There's a common association of french artisans wearing berets, so it's kind of become a symbol for 'artist'.

Yep, I totally saw it as a beret, but now I cannot unsee an apple xD

That pawprint idea is really nifty! I'm curious as to what Weasyl's cooking up for their new logo, though..

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I don't even see the apple o.O

Weasyl
    akirablaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    I don't even see the apple o.O
    It's there.. just a little flattened.

Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    Unfortunately we already have something in the works for reveal at a later date (we know the current logo's already looking dated), and it's already pretty finalized. Stay tuned! I can't wait to share it with you all.
    Unfortunately we already have something in the works for reveal at a later date (we know the current logo's already looking dated), and it's already pretty finalized. Stay tuned!

Hi! If this implies what I suspect, do you have any thoughts about feedback pain points from the last week, mentioned on Twitter, and where they fit in to near term plans? (thumbnails, literary support, search, and submission browse sorting)

I personally am not claiming investment in any one or all, but clearly they've come up. On a bit of thought, actually a reply isn't necessary. If it creates a bit of internal discussion, that's really all I'm aiming for!

Just curious about this! It's been a very busy two weeks for all of you! You all can be proud of the work and effort put in. No doubt about it.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9

Weasyl
    Term
    Hi! If this implies what I suspect, do you have any thoughts about feedback pain points from the last week, mentioned on Twitter, and where they fit in to near term plans? (thumbnails, literary support, search, and submission browse sorting)
    This is a bit off-topic from what this thread is about.

Long and short of it is that we've previously mentioned these things in tweets and forum posts and you can trust me when I say that we wouldn't have released that we're currently working on those issues or specifically named them if we didn't have plans we're trying to implement in the near future.

As for the logo, Syynx we appreciate the enthusiasm on a potential Weasyl logo. But as Aden mentioned we already have something in the works. Thank you though for the suggestion.