Derp. Insert heavy wheezing

I'm not good at this. Ain't never been good at this

My name is Pandora and I am a rat who is trying to migrate to Weasyl from FA. I have actually had an account on the main site for a while, but for a very long time after an.. incident.. I was very shy and wary of the internets, so I didn't much go anywhere else besides FA and Facebook. But now I am trying to expand, not because of FA's downtime, but because of the severe lack of judgement, unwillingness to improve, and false promises that I have seen spewing out of the owner's mouth and some of the other heads there. I can no longer stand behind a site that has no regard for its users (especially ones that pay for ads, like ~me~) or has no willingness to accept criticism, suggestions, or even offered help! I have stood by and seethed at the poorly run and coded website for many years now, but now I would absolutely love to see Weasyl take off. On LJ I witnessed one admin take in some great offered suggestions from users over THERE, and I was so tickled by this that I am severely hoping that this becomes the new cool-place. I would much rather make my business transactions on a place that has their s**t together, and on top of that the website is new, innovative, and working on improvements instead of patching old holes. And seriously- does anyone know if they plan on opening adspaces like they do on FA? Because I will totally move my ad over here. Mmmhm.

Anyway... enough about that and more about me... lol! I am a digital artist, but my real passion lies in sewing, metaphysics, and my IRL shop here in town, Unique Treasures <3 I make costumes and I have made a few fursuits, though I do not plan on opening that as a business until I make a couple more pre-mades. I am an empath and proud spiritualist, and I am hoping to maybe use some of my skills in my shop one of these days. I am an RPer (clean only) as well, and I am a writer who just finished her third year of NaNoWriMo! (3/3 wins!) I tend to be interested in a broad number of subjects, causing my brain to be going at 47402934322mph at all times, so please excuse any brain farts that occur during this time. Thank you.
    Last edited by Pandactyl; 12-15-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Weasyl
    Pogonip
    Hey, welcome! It seems quite a few people are a bit frustrated atm, at least you got a chance to vent your frustration a bit. Hopefully you fill your gallery full of suits, will be cool. (:

Weasyl
    Greykitty
    Welcome to Weasyl! Hope that you enjoy it much more than FA. I am considering just using my FA account as a redirect to weasyl from now on... if enough artists move I think this place will definitely pick up.

Thanks, guys! I'm not so much frustrated with the downtime than frustrated that everyone keeps grinning and baring it, instead of moving on to a site that offers more options. I feel that would really show the leaders there that they can't just piddle around if they want to make a lucrative website. They complain about not making enough money for the site to support itself and using that as an excuse, but it is a large enough website that it WOULD be doing that if they played their cards correctly and offered something to the users for their donations. And I agree, Greykitty! I think I will start promoting it, as well. The more people who see it, perhaps the more we can get to migrate I also like the idea that Weasyl will be more open to other types of art besides just furry stuff. I had been looking for a place like that for a while that did also offer options for adult artwork, so yay! I am also seeing a more calm and good community here in these forums than FA's, so I miiight try to be more social no promises! (I'm internet shy.. is that weird? yes? okay!)