Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: College?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm curious. What kind of anime hatred did you experience?
    Nothing much, it was mostly in one class because most people in my college are older or something, someone wanted to know "what my problem was" because I draw some pokemon and I'm an adult. :V

Although that was with most things. Somebody in the hall between classes did a double-take when they saw me playing Kirby on a 3DS, someone asked me why my shirt had an internet meme on it, someone got mad at me because I wanted my project for a class on internet effecting modern life was going to be on indie games and their advancement because "video games are for kids" I guess, stuff like that not really exclusive to anime.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

I'm going to do an MA at Kingston in a month and a half. I am excited as I am finally going to get a new PC as my old Macbook is on on its last legs and like the poster at Kent State it is the same in the media industry. A magazine veteren said to me once that no one would hire you in the media sector if you don't have a Mac but that is bull as I think PCs are BETTER at photoshop/editing then Macs.

I am 99% sure I'm done with college. I got my AA(planned to go for bachelors), which took way too long and cost me way too much. The amount of debt I'm in is overwhelming and I don't know what I'm gonna do with my career.(let alone pay back what I owe) To tell you the truth I think my choice for a career in illustration was a bad idea, I probably should have went into webdesign & front-end development.
    I'm trying to find time to figure my life out while doing my day-to-day stuff and TRYING my best not to get depressed. -_-;

@ Kazekai: Those people need to get out more. o3o

@ Obliviousally: Dang, now I feel a little better about our school. The nursing department requires us all to use electronic books. >_<;

@ Topic in General: I'm at Lipscomb, in TN. Trying to finish up my last year and run far away from the place. >_<;

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Seneca, Toronto Ontario

Fun times yes

Studying to be a librarian

Went to New England Institute of Technology from Jan 2009 - Oct 2010. Got my Associates' in Cabinetmaking, with a personal focus on finishing and restoration. No one wants to hire me though

Weasyl
    Brace
    Currently going to Arapahoe Community College. Just finished an Associate of General Studies. Next semester I am finishing two more Associates in Computer Networking and Computer Technician (I have no idea why it's called that, it's so grammatically awkward). Then I am going on to Front Range Community College to take lower level Electrical Engineering coursework to see if I'm cut out for it, and if I am, going on for a Computer and Electrical Engineering degree at CU Boulder, and if not, using the extra credits I amass to get two more Associates; one in Computer Information Systems and one in Computer Science. Since there is a rather large overlap in credits I might do this even if I do go on for the Electrical Engineering degree. I was also considering double majoring in Engineering Physics since CU Boulder has an Engineering Physics BS/MS program, and an MS would be really nice for never having to worry about dying of exposure on the street again. I've been a straight A student through the curriculum of these Associates, so I'm hoping I can keep that up. Math is kind of a bitch though.

I won't say where I'm going but I am in a graduate program for accounting. I'm really down about the fact that the pell grant is only for undergraduates and all the scholarships that my university offers is for undergrads. Dad's going to help pay for college and this is the cheapest program I could think of (about $16,000 tuition in all). Dad would be more on board with helping if I could find a job, and I'm looking but I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm hoping something comes soon because this is an accelerated program and I think I could get somewhere better with a master's but it costs so much :/

And Dad said no loans. I don't blame him.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuvvums View Post
    I won't say where I'm going but I am in a graduate program for accounting. I'm really down about the fact that the pell grant is only for undergraduates and all the scholarships that my university offers is for undergrads. Dad's going to help pay for college and this is the cheapest program I could think of (about $16,000 tuition in all). Dad would be more on board with helping if I could find a job, and I'm looking but I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm hoping something comes soon because this is an accelerated program and I think I could get somewhere better with a master's but it costs so much :/

And Dad said no loans. I don't blame him.
    Federal student loans or private bank loans?

Weasyl
    aetius
    Ohh boy, that time of year when you have to spend hundreds of dollars on single text books.