Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Webcomics

Coyote is the best. Mort is a close second though. Kat is adorable.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Lately the only webcomics I've really kept up with are Lackadaisy, TwoKinds, and Unsounded.

Weasyl
    Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    Coyote is the best. Mort is a close second though. Kat is adorable.
    I don't know if I like Coyote with the way he talks to Renard, but I agree with the rest of this. x3
    avatar is by me forgetting to change this

Weasyl
    Harrie
    The webcomics I'm following at the moment are Paranatural, Ava's Demon, Floraverse, and Plume!

A couple people have mentioned ava's demon, and I have nothing to add haha. It's a gorgeous comic and I really love the story, so definitely check it out if you haven't already.

Paranatural is definitely one of my favourites, and I've been following it since it began haha
    "Paranatural is best described as “X-Men meets Ghostbusters except everyone’s twelve.” It’s a comedy/action comic about a group of middle school kids with ghostly superpowers fighting evil spirits and investigating paranormal activity in their hometown."
    It's really dang funny, Zack has an amazing sense of humour. And he's a good storyteller to boot!

Plume is another one I've been following for a couple years now!
    "Revenge is like a plume of black smoke. It seems tangible, but when you reach for it, you're grasping nothing but air."
    "Plume is a story set in the Old West about a girl named Vesper Grey and her supernatural companion, Corrick. On their quest to recover her father's life work, they encounter new friends and new foes, and learn that the Wild West is anything but tame."

And lastly, Floraverse! I've been following PK's work for a very long time, so I remember her early flowercat works. She's come a loong way since then, and she recently returned to working on her Flora stuff.

The comic can be found here, and it's in essence a series of short stories set in her world. The site isn't much to look at at the moment, but the comic itself is really dang goegeous, particularly ch2 of Seeds. Those blues!

But! Flora is not just a webcomic, it's also a group.
    One of the coolest parts of it all is that it is licensed under share-alike, meaning you can do whatever you like within the group as long as you use the same license. This includes making your own species, stories, stuff to sell, whatever!

Weasyl
    Ratte
    I admit and sometimes regret that I read Bittersweet Candy Bowl. My high school period up until the very last bit of my senior year was incredibly boring, so reading about fictional cat and dog people having some good ol'-fashioned high school drama is pretty alright.

I find biblical fiction interesting so I also like reading Jack. Plus it's pretty fucked up and is a nice opposite to colorful cats in high school.

Back when it still updated my favorite webcomic was CheapThrills, but that's long since dead and it makes me sad. I hope the author comes back to revisit it sometime because it was a really nice, down-to-earth and gritty story basically following your average pothead teens and watching them grow, make mistakes, and learn. The art was also really great too.

Weasyl
    Rico
    I miss Cheap Thrills a lot. I understand them leaving it but it was such a good comic that even notably ~anti-furry~ forums recommended it and mourned it being cancelled. :c

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    I miss Cheap Thrills a lot. I understand them leaving it but it was such a good comic that even notably ~anti-furry~ forums recommended it and mourned it being cancelled. :c
    I reeeeaaally hope they get back to it someday because the story was a breath of cigarette smoke fresh air that offered something you just don't really see anymore? Like, it's not too hard to find webcomics like the other two I listed, or fantasy-based ones. It actually stood out without being ridiculous and I loved it for that. The characters were believable, not super-flawed or marysue like you find in a lot of other stories. They actually grow up and change from their experiences. The last page was a hell of a cliffhanger too. ]:

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    I don't know if I like Coyote with the way he talks to Renard, but I agree with the rest of this. x3
    Coyote's usually a dick just in general, but he is still the best.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Rico
    If I ever got a tattoo relating to Gunnerkrigg it would probably be Coyote at least because his design is really cool. OH MAN IMAGINE three wolf moon but it's just Coyote eating the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by piñardilla View Post
    Coyote's usually a dick just in general, but he is still the best.
    Coyote: He's such a douche bag but you just can't hate him because he's too damn funny.