Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Butts!

Weasyl
    Kelly
    Though I rarely draw free-hand, when I do I like to draw landscapes and animals.

The female figure <3

Weasyl
    Dragonaion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarm View Post
    The female figure <3
    Seriously, right? Females are so much easier to draw than males. -laughter- Them curves, man. XD
    ~Fantasy Keeps My Heart Alive~
    DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Tumblr

Weasyl
    avan_kaira
    I suppose I'm most partial to drawing fluffy things in general, though I dont think I have any real preference more specific than that. Rather I suppose what I'd rather not draw is humans. Too hard, yet unrewarding for me personally, so no motivation to even practice.

Not to sound like an ego tripper but I love illustrating my post-apo headworld, took a break for a year or so just doing chill RP things but the itch returned this year harder then ever.

When it comes to subjects its 'odd dragon like creatures' when I can manage it with a sence of fashion, anthro's that inhabit said world ( mostly rats, dogs ,wolves but thers more around like deer and birds. Occasional kangaroo as well ) Humans don't really interest me much, I have 1 OC that looks human enough to 'pass' but hes an alien ahah. Post apo fashion is great as well, its just a shame my mental library is forever weak on that part . Recently added dinosaurs for shits n giggles, also a lot of fun and I'm a sucker for furry dragons. And war scenes, those are so much fun ! Irony wants my MC isn't a soldier anymore, just a mercenary but eh, don't careeee.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    When I draw, I end up drawing a lot of characters that either have big paws or are very fat. Maybe it's just cause I like characters with big feet or characters who are big, fat, ugly, and intimidating. Still, I do not like characters who put too much focus on their paws, or pictures of only their paws, while I also am not a big fan of just lifeless blobbish characters who are just fat and gross. That's why I always try to round my big pawed characters our so that there's more to them than just that, as well as having a hard time making overly fat characters without any sense of power or mobility, unless I'm trying to go for a sympathetic character like one I'm working on now.

I'm also a big fan of characters with huge, thick limbs. In general, I like characters that look strong and powerful. I am not a fan of skinny stick-figure characters with spindly arms and legs. Do not like them one bit. When I'm not drawing the two of the above, I'm possibly drawing a thick-limbed character. Sometimes I combine thick limbs with one of the two above, or use all three depending on my mood.

But all in all, I tend to try and balance my characters out so that there's a few fat ones, a few big pawed ones, a few thick-limbed ones, and plenty of normal looking characters, as well as short characters, tall characters, long necked characters, stilt legged characters, etc. But in the end, most of my characters are bipeds. Still, I've been trying to use a few more quadrupeds, even changing some of my characters into quadrupeds. I try to have an overall diverse set of characters cause the same thing over and over can get boring.

Heyo!

I think my favourite genre would probably be werecreatures, although I rarely would complain about doing any fourlegger or twolegger large carnivore. Rodents are a subject species very dear to my heart, and I give them much less attention in my work than i'd prefer, which probably means I need to keep practicing drawing them (and not as many werewolves! ^_^). Hee, but I know they understand.

Most of my weres are extremely muscular, and that I admit is a holdover from my early work (we're talking 20 years between what I refer to as 'jumping in' and today). Heh, I even remember what it was that kept me from abandoning my musclefur habit; a local artist of a fair bit of renown IRL commented on my 'top-heavy' werewolves and drew a little sketch regarding it as a joke..I don't honestly know if I've still got it; it was on a bit of scrap paper, maybe even a napkin. Instead of taking his advice and reducing my wolves' muscle PSI, I continued to bump up their body development as the years went on.

Anyroad, that's my two silvers. Ouf!

-2Paw.

Weasyl
    shadowhawk6776
    I like drawing canines and birds, probably because I've had more practice with them and find them easier. I want people to be in that list but that's going to take a while.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Whenever I can't think of anything better to draw, I make... sparkledogs. They are the purest form of self-expression. An unadulterated outpouring of the mind and soul, incorporating every element, every feeling, /every colour you know/, in a single entity. They say, like a gleaming crystal snowflake, that no two sparkledogs are exactly the same. And indeed, there's even a good chance that the same sparkledog drawn multiple times may not even be the same.
    It's all about throwing away your cares and creating something beautifully awful.