Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Dragonaion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    It depends on what I'm going for. Sometimes I will lightly tap a lighter color on shading, paying more attention to the application of positive space instead of negative. Other times I will actually ink everything out if I'm trying to make something more poster/tattoo-esque. Really just depends on what I think would look better in the image itself since I personally vary in style a lot.
    Fair enough! I really like that Lung you drew in the "ink everything out" example, that's lovely. What I'm trying to go for is a style like the latter, more realistic with softer lines and subtle shadings that would look somewhere between the dragon and your profile picture. I'm still trying to figure out how best to do that, and with the dragon I don't think I'd draw out the scales or the mane as well as you did, certainly not the claws and the flowers; I'm terrible and hands/paws and flowers. -laughter-

Still though, lovely artwork, and I'm very impressed with how you carried inking out the scales on the lung. :/ Like I said, that's the look I'm trying to capture, and when I try it just looks too... bulky. -wan smile- Ah, well.
    ~Fantasy Keeps My Heart Alive~
    DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Tumblr

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonaion View Post
    Fair enough! I really like that Lung you drew in the "ink everything out" example, that's lovely. What I'm trying to go for is a style like the latter, more realistic with softer lines and subtle shadings that would look somewhere between the dragon and your profile picture. I'm still trying to figure out how best to do that, and with the dragon I don't think I'd draw out the scales or the mane as well as you did, certainly not the claws and the flowers; I'm terrible and hands/paws and flowers. -laughter-

Still though, lovely artwork, and I'm very impressed with how you carried inking out the scales on the lung. :/ Like I said, that's the look I'm trying to capture, and when I try it just looks too... bulky. -wan smile- Ah, well.
    Maybe experiment with thinner lines than what you would normally use for inking, perhaps with a softer edge? Also, maybe you could just use a darker color than your darkest shade instead of using outright black? Just some thoughts.

I really just enjoy drawing animals/anthro. I have noticed I tend to draw the same thing over and over and over again in my sketchbook when I'm bored. Which is also a habit I'm trying to break. I just really enjoy drawing. (tho I'm not too keen on mechanical stuff atm)

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #74
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    I always do animals, never people. I draw my fursona a lot, but I enjoy drawing my best friend's fursona, too. other than I do like to draw Pokemon and I have other characters of mine to draw, like my snow leopard character Surjia and sometimes Donovan or Virus.

Also most of my art tends to be feral characters but I'm working on improving my anthro anatomy and foreshortening. I have a lot of unfinished sketches of just a bunch of figure drawings for practice; it's pretty rare that I ever flesh them out to a full image.

I'll have to say humans, but anthros are a close second.

Weasyl
    Art Vulpine
    In terms of furry art I focus on drawing mainly foxes and equines (horses or unicorns mainly). Recently I've added feline characters to my list of characters. All of these I draw are my own characters.

I also do draw My Little Pony art, sometimes characters from the show and other times characters of my own creation.

Eventually I want to branch out to drawing things like fantasy creatures and landscapes and drawing humans.

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I'm finding myself enjoying drawings the convo I had on skype lately. It's actually a lot of fun and the amount of stereotype and racists jokes being thrown per day just makes it better.

Weasyl
    kokorogensou
    anthros hands-down, particularly canids, vulpines, avians, reptiles, and bovines. i adore monsters and demons, though!

Weasyl
    Dragonaion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    Maybe experiment with thinner lines than what you would normally use for inking, perhaps with a softer edge? Also, maybe you could just use a darker color than your darkest shade instead of using outright black? Just some thoughts.
    Hm... Well, since I color and ink in Painttool SAI, I use the linework/curve tool at a size three for the main lines and then a size one for the accenting lines. And I've thought about using darker shades of the main color for lines instead of black, but getting the right shade's a bit of a trick for me. Either way though, I'll definitely give it a shot and see what happens.
    ~Fantasy Keeps My Heart Alive~
    DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Tumblr