Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sleep Talk

Weasyl
    N/A

Sleep Talk

I finally have the courage to start a thread and an idea to go with it.
    The topic is... *drumroll* Sleep!

Some topic starters:

• What time do you normally go to sleep?
    • Do you go to sleep earlier during the week? Later on the weekends?
    • Do you have a job? School? When you're not working or on summer break, does your sleep schedule often change?
    • Do you suffer from insomnia? If so, mild or extreme?
    • Are you an early bird, or do you like to sleep in?
    • Have you ever had to take medication (over-the-counter or prescribed) to help you go to sleep before?

I suffer from pretty bad insomnia, especially during the summer. Last night I went to bed at 4 AM, and that was a little earlier than usual for me. I have to get up early to take care of my dog in the morning (feed + walk) despite what time I go to bed.
    Last week I would stay up til 7-8 AM and do what I had to, then sleep most of the day. It was a cycle I almost couldn't break out of until I went to the pharmacy and got some sleep aid to help it. It's kind've worked so far.

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    I usually go to sleep any time around 9 to 11 PM. I tend to sleep in no later than 8 AM. I often wake up for like 30 minutes at some time around 3 in the morning for no reason, and if I can't sleep again, I'll just check what's going on online, then go back to sleep. I've never had to take any medication for sleeping either.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    What time do you normally go to sleep?
    Usually 11:30pm, but when I have something to download, midnight.

Do you go to sleep earlier during the week? Later on the weekends?
    Nope.

Do you have a job? School? When you're not working or on summer break, does your sleep schedule often change?
    No job or school at the moment, but when I do I change my schedule so I always have at least eight hours of sleep.

Do you suffer from insomnia? If so, mild or extreme?
    I've had severe insomnia since I was eight. Over the years, I've found lil tricks to make it a tad better, like having a strict sleeping schedule where I go to sleep at the same time every night and set my alarm to wake up at the same time every day.

Are you an early bird, or do you like to sleep in?
    8:00am erryday. No excuses.

Have you ever had to take medication (over-the-counter or prescribed) to help you go to sleep before?
    Only when my scoliosis worsened and the pain kept me from sleeping, they prescribed me some pain-killers that also acted as sleeping pills. Whoooooaaaaa man, it was EFFECTIVE.

For the last year and a half or so I've lacked any decent form of a sleep schedule, shifting from nocturnal to diurnal at the whims of my brain chemistry, but I'm working on that now as part of a semi-coherent plan to be healthier.

Midnight to Eight in the morning.

I try to keep a strict sleep schedual.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Ben
    I'm actually going to move this to Lifestyle, since I'd say how you sleep is pretty intertwined with such a topic. But anyway!

I work rather unusual hours-- 2 to 10pm-- Since I'm a door-to-door canvasser. So I usually go to sleep around 3am, later if I'm doing something important/not important but utterly compelling. Even when I didn't have a job though I had a tendency to stay up this late, since honestly, all the best stuff happens after midnight. So I'm super glad I have a job that works around that.

Although of course, once classes start in a few weeks, I'm going to have to start being a ~responsible adult~ and going to bed earlier. I'm not entirely sure yet how I'm going to get any sleep with school, work and Weasyl all sapping at me, but I'll try my best!

Weasyl
    Saiko
    You could say I have a sort of "voluntary insomnia." I don't have any real problems that I'm aware of. Just I hate going to bed in and of itself. Right now my normal bed time is roughly 3a. xD

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I have insomnia. :c I do have medicine for sleeping, though, and it helps. I take 2 (sometimes 3) pills a night for it. I take it at 7 sometimes, or sometimes 10. It does work wonders though. I used to be lucky to get three hours of sleep. Now I can sleep normally.

Usually I go to bed around 3-5 am depending whether or not there's something going on on internet I can access with my phone.
    I sleep around 12 during summer, 6am when I got school.
    It doesn't leave me much room for sleep on schooldays. One of the reasons I love coffee so much

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinjo View Post
    Midnight to Eight in the morning.

I try to keep a strict sleep schedual.
    Welcome in the club of dem people considered boring by friends 'cause they go to sleep "early"

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I have insomnia. :c I do have medicine for sleeping, though, and it helps. I take 2 (sometimes 3) pills a night for it. I take it at 7 sometimes, or sometimes 10. It does work wonders though. I used to be lucky to get three hours of sleep. Now I can sleep normally.
    My insomnia used to be pretty extreme. Most times, it could take me four hours to fall asleep and sometimes, I wouldn't fall asleep at all. Then I took the strict "11:30pm to 8:00am" schedule, which was a big pain at first, but eventually tired me enough to actually make the "four hours or never" falling asleep time go down to "30 mins to an hour", which is a huge improvement.