Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Groups?

Weasyl
    xarg
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    Also, as this thread is from September, remember to avoid thread Necro on threads older than a month as it makes the place look untidy.!
    Why is it a bad thing to revive an old thread if you have a relevant question? Should he have posted yet another thread on the subject simply to ask if the subject had been resolved yet?

Quote Originally Posted by xarg View Post
    Why is it a bad thing to revive an old thread if you have a relevant question? Should he have posted yet another thread on the subject simply to ask if the subject had been resolved yet?
    My bad. I was thinking of the rules for a different forum. Bumping old stuff here is fine.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by xarg View Post
    You're right, actually. This thread, while not as a forum-wide rule, does explicitly state "Bumping old threads is perfectly okay, especially if you have new information or questions about the issue. It's better to have fewer threads than more." Site Discussion/Support particularly encourage it in order to keep discussion on a common issue from fracturing.

Necroing or duplication is largely a matter of personal aesthetics. It's not a thing we have a rule on. Our apologies for the confusion.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Indeed. It just made a lot more sense to me to keep the same discussion than starting a new one and having people not being aware of what has been discussed earlier