Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Tango
    I'm just plain ol' bisexual. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Weasyl
    Brace
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Can I be the token FtM?

For some strange reason black LGBT individuals are frowned upon even more than other races where I live. It's like such "behaviors" aren't expected of us. So, yeah. I'm a black FtM from Virginia who gets called a dyke despite passing 97% of the time. What's up.
    Not much, just taking care of school stuff and such, getting ready for the next semester. And yeah, homonationalism is pretty gross, as is black anti-lgbt sentiment. To be fair it seems like every group wants to "other" queers. Christians think LGBT comes from not accepting God, Communists used to (and sometimes still do) think it comes from capitalist profligacy, Asian countries think it comes from western decadence, black people think it's a "white man's disease", etc etc. So pretty much everyone sucks, really. Anyway, how are you?
    Last edited by Brace; 08-02-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Weasyl
    WildOak
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Bring up recent events regarding the subject (the Chik-Fil-A thing, for instance) to gauge his position real smooth-like. If it seems he's generally accepting and doesn't have his head up his bum about it, tell him with many awkward sibling hugs to seal the deal.
    It can be hard to get him to talk about anything other than technology and science fiction, but I'll give it a try. Thanks. And the "many awkward sibling hugs" made me go "awww!"

Hope this thread doesn't turn into the "What's Your Sexuality" on FAF, oh, that thread made me angry, lol. People can't seem to wrap their heads around certain things and concepts making out to believe people are trying to be special snowflakes when we jsut wanna be clear about what we do and don't like.

Anywho, I always felt wear as a kid even in elementary school I felt different. I always hung around boys and dreaded listening to girls chit-chat about boys and hair and nails, I played with dolls and stuff but nothing like house with a mommy and a daddy lol. When I found a friend I could speak with in middle school I started as "What If's" (this was a co-ed school but we were on seperate sides of the campus and only got to inner-mingle during group classes), she never really caught on I don't think she even knows I might've told her though. But, it got to the point where I told people online I was bi since I was interested in both females and males, I found them both arousing in different ways for different reasons and it didn't help when I was in an all girl class for 3yrs only to be thrown into the same thing in HS (as in locker rooms). Soon in high school I looked more into different sexualities and the sort since I was fairly interested in hermaphrodites as well and I found out about pansexuality and then went off from that since it's more of an all around thing but not quite omni, ya know? I like humans, I don't plan on building sexual or intimate love relationships with objects, materials, or animals of other species. Though at this point I feel it's better to stick with bisexual for the sake of the simplistic definition and the 'everyone knows what it means' prefix versus people laughingly thinking I like screwing pans or I think I'm better than people because people think all pansexuals are 'Holier Than Thou' snobs who don't think anyone looks at a persons personality before dating them.

You'd think even people who feel like outsiders would welcome others who feel the same, but you can't look for that anywhere no matter how many people of a group, fandom, or whatever tell you that you can. I learned that from the Furry Fandom, and it makes me sad, but doesn't matter I am what I am and no one can discourage me otherwise, I don't feel special for being more than bisexual I don't feel any more special than anyone else who openly accepts that others might be transgender/sexual.

Weasyl
    aetius
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Besides, this place doesn't have the trolls and asshats that -other- places have.
    Ive been too lazy these days, I need to work on that ;v

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Growing up I never really felt like I fit in, socially or otherwise. It took me years to come to each conclusion.

I grew up in a hateful family environment, especially with my dad and his family. I tried really hard to fit their narrow criteria for a "decent person" (Christian, white, straight, etc) but I found, as time went on, I just couldn't keep doing it. After I finally decided to say the hell with it with how my dad's family felt/treated LGBT people, I thought long and hard about what I was. I knew I wasn't straight. I thought I was asexual, but it was a problem driven by fear rather than the lack of attraction. I thought I was a lesbian, but it didn't fit. I thought maybe I was bisexual, but I thought non-binary people were attractive as well. I finally figured out I was pansexual after the last bit.

When I was younger I didn't fit in with girls, but boys were alright. I was never very feminine despite my mother's constant bitching about it and forcing me to do girly things like carry purses and wear girly clothes. I hated it and I wanted out. I thought I was just a tomboy, but then I looked back to how I grew up and realized something else entirely. My dad, probably out of disappointment for never having the boy he wanted, raised me to be one in dress and mannerisms. I wore boys' clothing, collected Hotwheels cars, even wore trunks in the pool until I was about seven. When I got my first period is when everything changed, where my mom was trying to feminize me and my dad expressed his disappointment with how I currently was. I tried to make them happy but I felt more and more dysphoric about it as it continued. I stopped caving in to their wants and focused on myself, and it feels great. I figured out I was trans FtM.

What I don't like, though, is that being open about being pan and trans heavily jeopardized my family and living situation. If I were to be open I would lose the rest of my dad's family, guaranteed (dad already disowned me, lol). Because my mom is resentful about my not being girly I know she'd most likely boot me out of the house with nowhere to go since she is also religious, as is her family. So lol I can't do a thing about any of it until I'm out of school/financially independent. Feels bad, man.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    My goodness Ratte, that is extremely distressing to read. I hope that you future will be brighter and a lot more good to you. The past will always be there biting at your heels, but once you escape, things should be alright for you.
    No worries, I'll be alright.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    I don't fall into the LBGTQRINXAZP (I don't know, the letters always change) category, but just want to say you're all welcomed and loved here. I have cookies, cookies for all of you.

I guess you could call me bi. I used to be hetero, but after some major life changes I stopped caring about gender. Male, female, transgender, intersexed - it doesn't matter to me, so long as the individual makes for a good partner.

I haven't told anyone close to me about this. I don't think my family would disown me, but they're the type to gossip. My mother says she supports LGBT rights, but she mocks the gay people she knows, or who she thinks is gay. She said she could no longer take Michelle Rodriguez seriously after hearing that she was a lesbian (Note: I don't follow celebrities, so this could just be more gossip).

No clue what I'd do if I got a girlfriend.

Weasyl
    Brace
    She's apparently not a lesbian. 10 seconds in google establishes that to within reasonable standards.