Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Weasyl
    Ben

LGBT Megathread - Ellen Degeneres Never Looked So Jubilant

Last edited by Ben; 08-01-2012 at 03:40 AM.

I was a late bloomer, only realizing my sexuality when I was 17 and coming out to everyone online shortly after, then IRL after my 18th birthday. Offline I just say I'm bi for the sake of simplicity, online I call myself pan for the sake of descriptiveness. I still have no clue what's going on with gender stuff with me but it's not something that causes external contention or inward distress, so I don't worry about it. Being queer is p great overall for me since it's something I don't hide and haven't really had anyone denigrate me for it (in any way that wouldn't end with me shouting how much I love dicks).

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Judicant
    It ain't no thang.

Unless it's someone I really don't like, if someone asks they can know. The secret is no one asks because apparently I don't look or act the part.

I came out sometime after I started dating my current boyfriend, and that was because I actually wanted to talk about him sometimes lol. I don't really remember how I came out to my friends at home, really wasn't that big a deal there. I think for the people at college I let loose that I was dating someone and the consequent questions was my coming out (and there were some awesome people there). Also around that time people found out a couple other people we knew were gay and I was just like "you didn't notice... really?".

No one's ever really discriminated me over it, which I know isn't the case everywhere. It's ok, if anyone doesn't I'll just complain to the mayor, and she'll get the butch friends she probably has to WRECK UP THE PLACE. :V

Weasyl
    Tiger
    OK so I'm not an actual LGBT member but I want to share my experiences in the community, if that's alright.

I'm straight, but in full support of gay rights. All of my friends but one are either bisexual or gay, and I love each and every one of them. I'm also an officer in my school's Gay-Straight Alliance and have been for quite a while. We plan events and fundraisers for different causes and to help the community. We do fundraisers for donations to a local teen shelter, which is a place that allows gay teens that have been kicked out of their houses to have a place to live while they seek to move to a new place (I think I worded that weirdly but hopefully it makes sense). One year we raised them $500 and got the teens winter clothes (Michigan winter can be brutal) and the main high school we connect to also did a clothing drive and they got several massive boxes full of clothes. We also spend volunteer time there helping with the construction of their next building expansion.

We also are working on stopping bullying in high schools. We have a program called S.A.F.E aaaaand I forget what it stands for but basically it's a program that a person will go through to be trained as a "Safe ally". They will be a resource that anyone struggling with their sexuality can go to without being harassed or judge. Safe allies are trained to help and are very dedicated. Since high school is where the worst bullying is, we're hoping to get the high school staff S.A.F.E. trained and be a force to end bullying.

LONG POST IS LONG. So yes, I totally support the LGBT community and love working with the people in it. I have met some of the most wonderful people in it and am very happy about that c:

I was about thirteen when I figured out I had no actual desire to be in a relationship with a girl and that boys were who I was attracted to.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Right, so I really don't belong in this thread, but I thought I was bi for a while, so I guess this fits??? Fuckin' social minorities :c

I thought for the longest time that I should be bi, since I felt the same way about everyone. I knew that I was supposed to get a boyfriend/girlfriend and want to make out with them or something, but the idea never interested me. My friends tried to help, and they'd set me up on dates with people. After trying to date several people it occurred that I actually wasn't feeling anything for anyone; thus having the same feeling towards everyone. That's pretty scary in a society that pretty much demands that you have a significant other; I thought that there was something seriously wrong with me. Perhaps puberty had failed me? Was I a heartless monster that couldn't love? How could I tell my parents that I was a failure as a human being?

It took a few years, but I learned that it was okay to not feel anything, that I wasn't "broken", and that asexuality is a real thing that other people feel too. Such a sense of relief.

Pansexual, myself. GREEDY, I KNOW, OBVIOUSLY. I never was really fussed with labels for my sexuality (and I'm still not, to be honest). In high school, I was more concerned with dumb roleplay and fandoms over dating anyone, but I thought boys and girls were attractive, but relationships were WAY too much work. I ended up involved with, then later dating, my high school best friend who came out as transgender (FtM) a few years ago. We're engaged now, so that's cool.

EDIT: Herp, derp, I originally meant to add how I'm more attracted to ~personality~ than what's in someone's pants, but my after-work brain just fritzed out, I guess.

I've never really had any discrimination issues. My family was cool with it and they're totally supportive of my fiance's transition, which is great for him because his family wasn't as approving or willing to understand.
    Last edited by obliviousally; 08-01-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    drawing and graphicsblackacres pipedreams furaffinity deviantart
    roleplay and writingraggedbreath charahub insanejournal

avatar by loadedpistol of furaffinity

Weasyl
    N/A
    I don't
    Last edited by Larry; 07-05-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Never quite felt like a girl, but not as manly as Saxton Hale so not sure where that puts me today. Always thought I was asexual, and I still kind of do since while I do enjoy intimacy, sex is a domain I don't wish to go into. But I'll say pansexual because I don't think there's a label for me out there that makes any sense.

But! Long story short, I do have a girlfriend and I love her to death. Gonna just say a bi-Transwho's celibate. :'D Or something like that. Can't say my family's outright thrilled but they're supportive of our relationship, so I can't really complain!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomiKamikaze View Post
    Never quite felt like a girl, but not as manly as Saxton Hale so not sure where that puts me
    Haha, that's how I've been feeling as of late.
    I do know I like both men and women, but the whole gender thing escapes me.
    In most of my relationships I've been the more dominate half, but my relationships are anything goes. lol.