Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    kuto

Developers don't like xbox one

I don't entirely understand why people are so adamant to defend a horrible console like the Xbox one when even developers now are confirming more and more that the console despite all these revisions is still the worst of all 3 next gen. More and more devs are being asked about their experiences on the two and as you would imagine they favor the ps4 over the xbox one( especially the indie devs).Time and Time again its been factually proven that the ps4 is more powerful and better for gamers then the xbox one. It doesn't help that Microsoft that they haven't shown us their games running on the xbox one hardware yet. Their still using pc's 3 times more powerful than the actual console to sucker in consumers who are ignorant towards this fact. I can tell the ps4 and Wii u will be dominating this next gen since not only have they shown their games actually running on there consoles but they've also shown that they will support indie developers as much and maybe more then aaa titles.

source article: http://www.geek.com/games/developer-...x-one-1570747/

It's been a recurring theme throughout the history of gaming that the "most powerful" console is hardly guaranteed to have the best games or sell the most units. Another recurring theme is that charging a hundred bucks or so more than the competition for a system that will mostly have the same games in the hopes that brand loyalty and maybe a few "killer apps" will beat out economics and common sense stunts the success of said system. Third and finally, for some reason, these systems tend to be a royal pain for developers for myriad reasons. History seems to be repeating, eerily. Except last generation, it was Sony who shot themselves in the foot, though they didn't do it with the epic PR fail that was Microsoft's handling of the XBox One's promotion. Aside from that, almost all the same factors are there, from the inflated price, to the questionable content/lack thereof anticipated for launch, features that many assume will be underutilized or outright misused, and the sense consumers are getting that they're being asked to pay a premium on features that they don't want or need. And the PS3's programming issues have been a problem as recently as the Skyrim DLC that almost didn't even get released for that system.

Admittedly, I actually know less about what to expect from the PS4 than I do from the XBox One, but that's mostly because, for the most part, all I've heard about PS4 is that it won't have most of the shit that's staining XBox One, and all I've heard about XBox One is bad news in some form. And since most of those dealbreaking "features" have been dropped, I guess it's presumptuous to award PS4 the next-gen crown before it or its competitor have even been released.

Note how I haven't even mentioned the WiiU? That's because nobody else has. The thing's been out for, what, a year now? Where are the fucking games? What exactly is it dominating now, let alone in the wake of some newer systems that will outclass it in every conceivable way? The whole point of the WiiU being released when it was, I assumed,was to get a head start on the next generation, but that hasn't even come close to materializing.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    What exactly is wrong with the Wii U? I mean, I don't have a Wii U and never played one, but I always liked that Nintendo systems have a lot more whimsical and overall fun feeling games than Xbox or Playstation consoles usually do, which they generally have an overdose of overly serious "realistic" games.

...That's neither here nor there, but still.

It's really just the same problems that have been plaguing them since the N64 days, mainly lack of 3rd party support and what games they do have being translations of older games everyone already has, or 1st party titles that have too limited an appeal to really keep the system competitive with its contemporaries. With their portables managing to have all but a monopoly in that market, staying competitive even with phones and PSP/Vita being little more than a footnote, and the fact that Nintendo's currently sitting on an estimated $10B in cash alone, they can probably afford to keep these experiments/risks up for a while yet. Maybe one of them will really take off the way the Wii kind of did in spite of itself. But I think what they want is to have a system that stands apart from other consoles the way the DS and now 3DS does from mobile gaming. That's a noble goal but it's by no means a recipe for success and to have both is going to either take some serious proverbial carrots to woe 3rd party developers back to their side or some serious investment in creating more 1st party titles, and I mean these have to be some serious contenders for game of the year. But of course, that costs money. And companies, even more than consumers, hate to spend any more than the bare minimum. And like us, they get what they pay for.

Weasyl
    oly
    WiiU is pretty cool but I've mostly used my roomie's for playing snes games and i can just do that on my PC(and without having to re-buy old games I already bought years ago) soooo... yeah.

As far as the actual topic: nobody actually likes the Xbox One. Anyone who says they do is lying to themselves. Definitively. Period. /thread

Weasyl
    Pogonip
    Xbox one doesn't seem that bad. I don't own one and I've never used one, but it seems alright. I've been watching Maximillian play Killer Instinct. The game looks pretty good and runs well online, pretty much what it was made to do. It's funny though, some people forget to turn off their kinect while playing online and you can hear them talking in the background.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn View Post
    What exactly is wrong with the Wii U? I mean, I don't have a Wii U and never played one, but I always liked that Nintendo systems have a lot more whimsical and overall fun feeling games than Xbox or Playstation consoles usually do, which they generally have an overdose of overly serious "realistic" games.

...That's neither here nor there, but still.
    The problem with the Wii U is that the only game worth getting is Pikmin 3 and nobody wants to buy a console just for 15 hours of gameplay

Weasyl
    Pogonip
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    The problem with the Wii U is that the only game worth getting is Pikmin 3 and nobody wants to buy a console just for 15 hours of gameplay
    and Bayonetta

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    how long is bayonetta

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    how long is bayonetta
    Bayonetta as I understand it still lacks a release date on Wii U