Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gaming Nostalgia

Weasyl
    Demu

Gaming Nostalgia

It's coming back now..
    I feel it.

NOSTALGIA
    INCOMING.

WAUUUGH.

Let's be all nostalgic and gushy about our favorite past games.

Weasyl
    Tiger

Dude, N64 had the BEST. DK 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, and of course my obsession, StarFox 64.

But of course there's the GB with POKEMON. To be honest my favorite games are the first gen on GB. I can beat Blue version in less than 10 hours |D; It's a classic and I love it.

Weasyl
    Demu
    Omg that video is amazing LOL. There were SO many good games on the N64. ;__; Like you said, Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie, and StarFox were PERFECT. The whole zelda series was amazing, but that goes without saying.

I loved the collectathon aspect of so many 64 games, where you had to collect things to win the game. Like in Banjo Kazooie you had to collect the jigsaw puzzle pieces and in Mario you had to collect stars, and in Kirby 64 you had to collect crystal shards! SO MUCH COLLECTING. I think those games are friggin' addicting. x__x

POKEMON. Pokemon will be with me forever. It's so deeply ingrained in me I don't think I could avoid it if I tried. I get so excited with every new generation and can't help but become a fanboy all over again. xD

If I am ever raring for a nostalgia trip I just boot up one of my various emulators and WHOOM THERE I GO

Speaking of which, I need to finish all of my various LoZ game playthroughs >_>

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    I grew up with games, so the smallest bit of video game music overheard can throw me into a nostalgic fit X3. You know that show GameCenter CX? Since it uses a little clip from Kid Icarus I get nostalgic like everytime the King talks.

I also loved the arcade feeling games from around the late nineties and early 2000s, stuff you'd find on the Dreamcast and PS2 that just made your heart race with action. Marvel VS Capcom, Virtual ON, Ridge Racer... gaaah aw man I need to find an arcade.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    KIRBY and the Crystal Shards was my first ever N64 game! LOVE IT and STILL LOVE IT.

You may recognize this tune-

Weasyl
    aetius
    I have nostalgia for Vanilla WoW and Vanilla TF2.

Does this not make me a "90s kid"? :v

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    I have nostalgia for Vanilla WoW and Vanilla TF2.

Does this not make me a "90s kid"? :v
    Vanilla WoW was awesome. I love the old instances, with the exception of Wailing Caverns. But MC and Naxx, Strat, Scholomance, ZG all rock.

I love how the old blues were like "+5 Spirit and +2 Spell Power" compared to "+268 Spirit and +2334 Spell Power".

Although it would be strange to not have flying mounts anywhere,

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Those of us who, when having first played SSBM on the ruined Hyrule Castle arena, immediately recognized the bgm as Zelda 2's dungeon's.

You know who you are.

Anyway, TRANCESTEP!

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    Those of us who, when having first played SSBM on the ruined Hyrule Castle arena, immediately recognized the bgm as Zelda 2's dungeon's.

You know who you are.

Anyway, TRANCESTEP!
    Aaaag yes loved that music and love that OC Remix. Actually maybe I should go play Zelda 2, it was a good game.

Another track that really stuck with me was Bloody Tears from Simon's Quest. Not the best game by any means but it certainly left an impact on the series.