Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gaming Nostalgia

Weasyl
    Neybulot
    Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures? Commander Keen? Blake Stone? Wolfenstein 3D? Rebel Assault?!

These are my people. MY PEOPLE.

Weasyl
    MLR

Last edited by Sinjo; 08-16-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Hotlinked

Weasyl
    RMC

Weasyl
    MLR
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    Oh my god yes I do.

I was actually planning on picking up the Japanese release (because I like the art style more) but my god is this game really fun. The hilariously cheesy surfer lingo is sooo bad that it's so good.
    "Jake, they're like stealing me or something."
    Good to know someone else played this one! I used to rent it all the time. I need to find an NES cart of it one of these days.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Last edited by Ratte; 08-16-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    CREATURES. AMAZING GAME. I had the one for playstation and clocked a lot of hours on it. The PC one was cool though, too.

Now I'm wondering if I can get it to work on Windows 7...

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie Rayner View Post
    Aaaaag StarTropics, now that's a fun game but my gods is it hard. Don't think I've ever actually beat it but I do remember getting close. The second one was just way too hard for me though X3;
    XD The second one is honestly easier for me, because that damn ranged mind shot. I've neeeeeeeeeeever beaten the first one, but I played through the second so many times when I was little (though not as much as, say, Super Metroid).

Though the first was apparently "my game" as a kid. Being the only one able to figure out the piano puzzle (while also being the youngest) was an accomplishment. :3

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Quote Originally Posted by Raevis View Post
    XD The second one is honestly easier for me, because that damn ranged mind shot. I've neeeeeeeeeeever beaten the first one, but I played through the second so many times when I was little (though not as much as, say, Super Metroid).

Though the first was apparently "my game" as a kid. Being the only one able to figure out the piano puzzle (while also being the youngest) was an accomplishment. :3
    Well done on figuring that part out on your own! I only knew how to get past it cause I was an avid reader of Nintendo Power X3. I can't even remember what you had to do to get the clue for that, aside who you got it from.

I didn't really start playing Startropics until I was older so I haven't had much practice. Might be a good excuse to pick it up again after my current games! I was a whiz at Kid Icarus though -- it was my game growing up :3.