Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pokemon X and Y

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    What do you think the starters' second type will be? Since Fennekin's going witch, I think Psychic would be a good bet; that'd be interesting. As for Chespin, if I read right he'll learn ground moves so another Grass/Ground type? Froakie could be Water/Flying, what's with learning Bounce and being a frog and all. It'd be unable to learn Fly though, that'd be weird and unfair for the other starters.

But yeah, if what they're saying is true, Fairy's gonna be a ridiculously OP type, especially since there will be a lot of Fairy Pokemons, as opposed to only a few Dragon-types per generation.

Last edited by Tycho; 09-12-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    It's like they're trying to fuse Pokemon and Digimon with the introduction of Megas.

That's just me though.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    It's like they're trying to fuse Pokemon and Digimon with the introduction of Megas.

That's just me though.
    Who knows, maybe next generation they'll introduce fusion where two Pokemon of a certain affinity can merge to form... A GIGAFORM!

Temporary and lasts only for the battle, of course, otherwise that'd break the game~

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Here's my thoughts on a few various things being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    Not to mention, with Fairies being weak to Steel, you can easily expect everybody to have Choice Banded, Technician, Bullet Punch Scizors on their teams now.
    Had one for a few months now. Love him. He's been on my Battle Subway team many times.

Also, Dragons being OP. http://pokemondb.net/type/dragon Check out the line that shows the base stat percentages. They also have four resistances and only two weaknesses. Even then, as previously stated, Ice types are generally easy to take down (Fire, Steel, Fighting...) and many Dragons can learn a Fire move, for example my Salamence knows Flamethrower as does my friend's Hydreigon. Then you've got dragons like Kingdra whose only weakness is Dragon, and there are few Pokemon that can effectively use a Dragon type move outside of Dragon Pokemon (Dragons got that STAB). Note that the Dragon type is also in the Elite Four several times and again as someone stated earlier they're in the highest trainer point in the game for a reason. I'm quite happy that Fairy type will make it easier to counter Dragons. I'm looking forward to the whole type being introduced in general. I expect there to be a fair balance among the types. I guess it's hard to for me say whether Fairy will bring balance or ruin until the game is out and I use them in action.

As far as the Megas, I'm still unsure of how I feel. I'm just hoping there's a very large variety of Pokemon and types and such. It's another thing that personally I think I won't have much of a stance until I've done actual battles with them. I just hope it doesn't lead to insane invincibility that will end a battle quick and easy. They look cool though Also with the Mega Mewtwo's, I prefer the X one over the Y but hey, it's not much of a big deal to me. I don't see the Megas "breaking" the game or anything, though. Maybe it will end up being an excellent new feature, we'll just have to see.
    Last edited by Tiger; 09-14-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    I just got X and I want a Mawile in my team but you can't find them in the wild for some reason what the fuck

why give her a mega evo if you have to jump through nambla to get her

nevermind you can find her in glittering cave *winnie-ing intensifies*
    Last edited by Tybby; 10-13-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Also I just found a shiny Inkay but he has the suction cups ability instead of Contrary so I'm like "what am I supposed to do with this"

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    Also I just found a shiny Inkay but he has the suction cups ability instead of Contrary so I'm like "what am I supposed to do with this"
    Man thats a shame. I found a shiny Inkay too and thankfully it has Contary. It's on my team now.

Problem with dragons isn't the type, it's the fact that the dragon type is almost always given to pseudo-ubers.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...y_Pok%C3%A9mon

5/7 of the strongest non-legendary pokemon are dragon type. Is it really any surprise that people would find the dragon type OP when it's given out like candy at the near-legendary level? It's VERY RARE to see a dragon-type that isn't given incredibly high stats.

Well I almost beat the game, just need to beat elite 4. My main is Absol :3