Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

Group or One on One?

Heeeyyy it's me posting another thread \:3/

This topic is about whether you're a single player or a multiplayer?

That is, do you prefer a role play where it's just you and another person? Perhaps you're one of those "the more, the merrier" type of folk? Maybe you like both? Discuss your preferences here :3

I'd say I'm a little bit of both but I prefer a one on one type of RP. I guess it's because I'm so used to it since I've only had one RP partner and haven't been on a forum that allows RP for a while. I used to enjoy group ones because I got a feel for who would be good to RP with in another setting. I'm hoping to get over that in due time.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    An adventure or thriller rp works better with multiple players whereas one on one rp's are good for more personal ones.

Ultimately, I enjoy the multi player adventure roleplays but as you said it's difficult to find a site that does them well. At the moment I rp on Heresy, however it is a 40k site and all the rp's are pretty much based in that setting.

Maybe here one day.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    Aleksee-Von-Ecstasy
    i like one on one myself :3

Weasyl
    Dark
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynnCoyote View Post
    An adventure or thriller rp works better with multiple players whereas one on one rp's are good for more personal ones.

Ultimately, I enjoy the multi player adventure roleplays but as you said it's difficult to find a site that does them well. At the moment I rp on Heresy, however it is a 40k site and all the rp's are pretty much based in that setting.

Maybe here one day.
    It's not so much the site "doin it rong" as the members and individual GMs. Chances are you haven't found a competent GM yet. I myself run a site that has a variety of different settings by different GMs, so if you're looking for a good place, just ask me.

That being said, I prefer group RPing because of the opportunity to develop character interaction with multiple player characters. I'll do one-on-ones, though, depending on the setting.
    Meanwhile, in #CoE...

[20:12:26] <+Dark> "He's dead, Jim."
    [20:14:11] <Nate|phone> My name's not Jim
    [20:14:20] <Nate|phone> And Starr's not a guy
    [20:15:18] <Nate|phone> ...
    [20:17:20] <+Cerberus> And Shadow's not a callgirl.
    [20:17:52] <+Dark> LOL

I'm definitely an RP nooberbutter but adventurey/horrory type settings are way more fun with multiple people as long as everyone has the same general direction and mindset. In my extremely limited experience I've seen a few group RPs go south very quickly thanks to a single member either disregarding the "end plan" of the RP or just throwing in godmod aspects to be a brat.

That said I'm excited to lurk around in here and read what other people are putting down c:

I've played in both one on one and big groups but I've had more success with one to ones! Any genre, any topic~! I've written some adult and some not adult stuff too and the biggest take away in my experience: I play a REALLY good bad guy.

If anyone is looking for a baddy *cough cough* but otherwise, feral or anthro is awesome! I've written some non furry as well.

Are more of you guys the plan ahead types? Or just react to the situation and see how it goes?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Letiel View Post

Are more of you guys the plan ahead types? Or just react to the situation and see how it goes?
    I do both. Like, the main plot or whatever would be planned but everything else is just...like "Oh hey I'm gonna do this thing. Let's see how that works out"

Oh here's another inquiry: Do you like to take charge of the RP or have someone else take charge while the character explores/plays along?

Weasyl
    N/A
    I rarely feel comfortable taking charge for the entire RP. If it's particularly long with no real direction, I can bring up some scenarios to do but otherwise I like switching every once in a while.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    The more people there are, the more interesting it gets, but the harder it is to pull off. Between lots of folks, there is the problem of maintaining a coherent plot, distributing attention to characters fairly, and of course coordinating times to RP. That's why I usually stick with one or two folks.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.