Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Annemays and mango

Weasyl
    N/A
    Been reading the manga Bloody Cross recently. It's alright, I still need to get further in to really judge it. Got to do with angels & vampires - the mc's got a curse which needs to be lifted by drinking the blood of a full "demon" (I think) or something. I was more or less looking for a cute but thought out romance type but with an actual story and somehow came across this.. xD

Weasyl
    N/A
    ^Turns out Bloody Cross was bloody terrible, as I thought. D: Ah well.. Finished Valkyria Chronicles a few days ago, it was alright given that it was originally a game (which I'm currently playing & getting loads of game overs at XD). Also watched Patema Inverted, was so flippin' awesome! I only wish it had been longer, feels like it left a lot up in the air at the end.

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    N/A
    More excited than I care to admit for that. The nostalgia factor is strong! Please excuse me while I vibrate slowly.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    I was in awe when I saw this. Just straight up AWE. And then my husband came over and was like "Kinda looks like the art from the guys who did Summer Wars" and I was like SQUEEEEEE HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!?
    I wouldn't be surprised, there's a thin line tying the two together! I'll have to keep my eye out for any new info, it'd be nice to know which company would be animating it beforehand.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, there's a thin line tying the two together! I'll have to keep my eye out for any new info, it'd be nice to know which company would be animating it beforehand.
    This was a really interesting read. I didn't know the two movies had the same director, so to me, the similarities make sense. It's a premise he was already familiar with, so of course the movies look similar. At the same time though, that doesn't discredit how FLIPPING AMAZING SUMMER WARS WAS! ..... I'm sorry I keep fangirling like that. Anyway *clears throat* I wouldn't say it's necessarily plagiarism, just a guy working on a concept that he seems to love.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    Been watching The Eccentric Family, Love Bullet, and Durarara!!x2 Shou.
    DRRR!! 2 is just as good as the first season, Love Bullet is weird as heck and The Eccentric Family is a barrelfull of comedy, loving family moments, and drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I found an actually not fuck awful anime called Denno Coil. It's a little slow, but it's enjoyable enough.
    I heard of this one! I've always been told its really good but I never really knew anything about it except that it involved technology to some degree. Glad to hear its entertaining.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Finished the first part of Machiko and Hatchin. It's great. The characters are really fun and unique, the story is interesting and the art is really nice. I can't say much more because it's only the first part of the series and unfortunately I had a tourny to run during the last few episodes, but those first few episodes got me super invested in the story.

Also finished up Witch Craft Works and Another two or three weeks ago. I went into Witch Craft hoping that the witches wouldn't be portrayed as straight up evil and wasn't disappointed. Despite the fact that things get pretty heavy from time to time, there's just enough comedy to keep the tone more or less lighthearted. The main group of Tower Witches is great. Their antics are so entertaining.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Another. All I can say is thank you for screwing with my feels, Another. If you like creepy stuff and people dying brutally, go watch it. I'm not sure what I expected going into it, but it was not that.

The only thing left of my queue now is Girls' Monthly's Nozoki-kun. It's a lighthearted love story/slice of life that for some reason makes me think of The Circumstances of my Bath Tub....(I think that's right. It's about a merman living in bathtub).

We're also getting ready to watch Lupin III: Fujiko Mine. I am looking forward to dat art style.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    JoJo's Bizzare Adventure

That is all
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.