Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Annemays and mango

I started Ushio to Tora too. Really old-fashioned. I like it. I know the manga is old which is why the anime is old-fashioned to begin with but eh, who cares, it's great. I don't like most of the modern trends anyway.

Rin-ne is another. It's old fashioned in a different sense. It's like those 90s light-hearted Koukou anime. I started getting overwhelmed with so many pretentious anime and appreciate some very silly, simple stories like this one to take a break from the other stuff.

Shokugeki no Souma was interesting but I stopped after the second episode, for now. It's hard to find time I'm with full stomach, to sit and watch... The fanservice really bothered me though.

Level-E. I LOVE THIS ANIME! I love Hunter x Hunter but I wish Togashi would do more short manga like this. I fucking love that prince! Normally androgynous characters piss me off but he's such an awesome character! The Color Rangers song got stuck in my head.

Last one I think is Kekkai Sensen. In the first episode I thought it was going to be another pretentious anime, but it doesn't seem to take itself that seriously. Pretty fun so far. I'm on episode 7.

I dropped Monster Musume (the manga, I had no idea about the anime) when they started adding some real disturbing shit like a freaking Spider girl. Spiders creep me out, so I really couldn't bear it. I thought Miia was adorable though.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The live action film of Attack on Titan is now out

I turned it off after like.. 10 minutes? They're all the same race, so I guess Mikasa's no longer special. Ah well, didn't have much hope for it anyways.

I haven't watched anime for the longest time

Samurai X
    Vandread
    Grander Musashi
    Cooking Masterboy
    Voltes V
    Daynamos
    Attack on Titans
    Spirited away
    Totoro
    Moving Castle
    Pokemon
    XXXholic
    Lucky Star
    Gokusen
    Digimon

For someone who lived in Japan for a good number of times... I don't watch anime like normal people does.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazuki Marazhu View Post

For someone who lived in Japan for a good number of times... I don't watch anime like normal people does.
    Do you watch them hanging upside down from your fan?

Quote Originally Posted by maugryph View Post
    Do you watch them hanging upside down from your fan?
    My eyes deviates towards the nearest hot dude.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Friend just sent me this, I've never been more happy!

The only reason to watch anime~

Weasyl
    Pignog
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post

I turned it off after like.. 10 minutes? They're all the same race, so I guess Mikasa's no longer special. Ah well, didn't have much hope for it anyways.
    I always thought her being ~~~the last asian~~~ was silly in the manga but if there's no diversity in the movie that's yet another point against it. Some people in dods tonight were ripping it apart.

Y'all should watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I found an actually not fuck awful anime called Denno Coil. It's a little slow, but it's enjoyable enough.
    You've probably finished it but if the weird technology changing the world aspect was your thing you might also like Kaiba. It takes place in the far future where people can pop their memories into chips and insert them into new bodies. The animation in it is gorgeous and it's only like 11 episodes long iirc.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    I have a dork of a friend who wouldn't stop talking about One Piece until I started watching it. He did the same with Soul Eater.
    Both of which have been really hard anime for me to swallow. I've seen all of Soul Eater and it was okay. The parts involving the Kishin were the best.

One Piece will be a monumental groan fest for me since it has a bajillion episodes and I'm only in the 30s, but my friend assures it will be worth it should I get into the later seasons. Eh..

Anyway, I love a lot of the older ones such as:
    • Trigun - Cool ideas and setting. Very structured show.
    • Tenchi Muyo! - Hilarious and a little annoying now and again. One of the few harem shows I like a lot.
    • Blue Gender - messed up. But good.
    • Cowboy Bebop has to be one of my all-time favorites!
    • Fooly Cooly! or FLCL is a favorite of mine. Insane, but awesome.
    • Ruroni Kenshin - One actually driven by the protagonist in a powerful way.
    • Blue Submarine No. 6 - Mesmerizing show back in the day. I liked its angle.
    • Record of Lodoss War - High fantasy anime? Yes please.
    • I watched a lot of Dragon Ball Z but I have such mixed feelings about the show. I tend to hate all the ego-inflating monologues and dramatic dust clouds with people twitching and gasping and wondering if someone is dead. And the power ups...
    • Fruits Basket - I like the premise and cursed family
    • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - interesting urban fantasy sic-fi blend.

Some newer ones:
    • Madoka Magica - It was alright. Too predictable, but I liked how it played out. Kinda touching too.
    • Mushi Shi - wonderful stories. Enigmatic main character.
    • Attack on Titan - I liked it enough to watch all of it so far. But I'm still not certain of it. I like how brutal it is.
    • Death Parade - Dramatic, but not so much in a bad way with this one. Morbid and good storytelling.

Movies:
    • Ninja Scroll - Dude is badass
    • Akira - So messed up but so cool too.
    • Dead Leaves - random movie I found randomly and it was pretty epic for being so out there.
    • Anything by Miyazaki. I love everything he makes. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, etc.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-12-2015 at 01:08 AM.

Not trying to argue against your friend but I watched close to 200 episodes of One Piece. So far, I thought it wasn't that great. It had its moments, but I'd say 4/5 of the episodes were either boring or embarrassing.
    The arcs are extremely repetitive, the drama is really forced, and every one of the arcs seemed to have these long borefests before Luffy screams the main villain's name and the final battle begins.. which usually involves Luffy surprising the guy, then being a punching bag for 3~4 episodes, then doing something crazy/funny in the process of getting back at him.
    Then there's the constant "MY NAKAMAAA" in the anime. It seems to be repeated even more often than in Saint Seiya.

Luffy is supposed to be funny but half the time the jokes are the same. Someone is explaining something to Luffy, the camera changes and the guy is going hay r you listen to me!!!!!!! while Luffy is shown doing something else. It got old after the 3rd time they did it. There's also the predictable "Oh noes bad guy is here let's be polite to him" turn abouts. Yep... Luffy is about to do the opposite 'cause he's so unpredictable lel.

Before I begun my friends told me it would get good at episode 50. It didn't. So they told me it would get better at episode 150. It didn't. Then they told me it would get better once I was done with the next arc two arcs from where I stopped... So at this point I decided I won't bother with One Piece unless I have nothing else to watch or do.
    I also hated the news the author meant to finish the series earlier, gladly accepted to stretch it, and bullshits about already having the conclusion set. I seriously doubt he has any real idea what he should do about the One Piece itself at this point, just because the expectations are beyond infinity thanks to 1000+ chapters of story.
    Last edited by dischimera; 09-19-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post

They kill off Mikasa anyway. Was pretty pissed
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.