Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Annemays and mango

Weasyl
    Getta
    MMOs have become a big deal in the past ten years, it's not surprising more stories are popping up revolving around the idea of people being trapped in a virtual world. There's also Excel World and Log Horizon.

"Trapped in an MMO" might have felt like a new idea when .Hack did it (even though that's basically the premise of TRON, too and I've been reading stories around this idea since at least the 90's), but it's a very basic premise that's only going to become more common as people who grew up with MMOs being commonplace start getting jobs writing comics and tv shows.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    9years after??
    .hack stuff came into being 2002, and sao manga 2009.
    .hack quantum was made 2010, and sao anime 2012.
    According to wikipedia. Draw your own conclusions on who copied who

I've heard of Lain was pretty good, as well as steins gate. Now that I've nothing to watch, might was well give them a go
    The original medium for SAO was a light novel released in 2002 as well. 2002 - 2010 (.Hack Quantum) = 8 yrs, sorry I had seen the manga was released in 2011, forgot about the OVA. :3

Steins;Gate is definitely worth the watch, however I found the visual novel to explain much more than the anime did.
    Last edited by Moogle; 08-26-2014 at 12:50 PM. Reason: akeke

Weasyl
    Bob the Bob
    I've been reading this manga over the last few days called Ajin. I read some reviews on it and saw some praise for the art and criticism for the main character, but the concept interested me so I gave it a shot. In short, it's very enjoyable so far. 22 chapters in and the ride has been quite exciting with many places the plot can go. I am cautious of disappointment though, it can come in from nowhere at a moments notice, especially so early (I hope early) in the story, but from what I've seen so far I think this manga is going to deliver the goods.

i have a general to-watch list of animoos and to-read list of mangos that are just all of the basic classics.

but one day while looking on youtube for vidya crap i found an absolutely amazing animu that you all need to watch. please. watch the whole thing. i'm on ep 28 and just wow. whoever thought that this show was going to be so utterly amazing???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0HBovKd18

you know you can't go wrong with a theme like that.

warning: you might want to watch the second half of season 2 in private.

Started Attack on Titan last night, got 10 episodes in

I never bothered to try to go and watch it and didnt really care enough to look into it, and then it was the only thing on TV at the time and suddenly it grabs my attention
    Go figure
    -insert something sarcastic/moody here-

Quote Originally Posted by Owleyes View Post
    Started Attack on Titan last night, got 10 episodes in

I never bothered to try to go and watch it and didnt really care enough to look into it, and then it was the only thing on TV at the time and suddenly it grabs my attention
    Go figure
    I used to think it was mainstream garbage. Then I gave it a watch and started thinking maybe there was a reason it got so popular: it simply is good.

I used to think it was mainstream garbage. Then I gave it a watch and started thinking maybe there was a reason it got so popular: it simply is good.
    Didn't really care so much about the "mainstream garbage" thing, it was mostly "meh, I don't really care enough to check it out"

Attack on Titan was pretty decent! Jean and Mikasa were my favorite characters, and I liked a lot of the supporting characters in the manga as well. I also appreciated the way the anime paced some things better than the manga, especially in the first few episodes. Unfortunately the anime began to lag, and some episodes were far slower than I would have liked (like the couple of episodes where they reclaimed Trost). I stopped not long after that, though I kept reading the manga. The manga itself has also stalled out, unfortunately. I wouldn't call it "bad," but the plot is definitely not moving in a direction that interests me.

I also read the Claymore updates pretty regularly, and after stagnating for over three years or so, the manga caught my attention again in the last few months.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I thought the same thing before I saw it. I was won over once I saw how horrifying it is.

I have a theory that the fact the characters are all kinds of nationalities helped AoT become popular. Hell half the main cast are Aryan. Probably makes it easier for the non-anime watchers to be like "Yeah I'll give it a shot." Just a thought.
    Watch me swooce right in.

I decided to check out my University's anime club for kicks the other day, where they were watching like 3 animes
    I think they were called D-Frag, Realist and Demons, and something something Irregular Magic School or something

D-Frag was kinda entertaining