Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: weird quirks X3

Weasyl
    Abbi_Normal
    I have synesthesia. Mostly colour with sound, but a small handful of distinct sounds also have a taste. Really high screechy/squealing type noises are a really, really bright white spikiness that tastes like copper down the right side of my tongue. Like my mouth is full of pennies, or I split my lip and my mouth is full of blood or something. That loud, broadening tone sound affect they use in the movie theatre on the "Dolby Digital surround sound" screen before the movie is a sort of slowly flattening ball of purple that tastes very slightly like over-ripe fruit. Most men's voices are a shade of green. I could go on, but I'll spare you all.

Weasyl
    WildOak
    I used to take notes when I read novels, even though I was reading just for fun. I don't do that any more though.

Um...trying to think of something I do now... I like puppets, is that unusual? I have a fox puppet. I want to write a script for him and make a video.

Virtually everything about me can be described as "quirky" - haha!
    I'm eccentric, prone to bursts of happiness at the slightest thing, small changes in environment excite me (so a desk swap at work would be a huge thing for me), I obsess over the television shows I like until I know the fine details. I have so little shows that I love, so when I do love them I really get into them.

Oh gosh. I have a problem with picking at my scabs/pimples/whatever. I recently had a breakout not too long ago and now my face is covered in cuts. Haha!
    Mah poor fayce.

Weasyl
    Levi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    When I'm served a dinner plate I eat one thing completely at a time. I'll eat ALL the potatoes at once, then all the meat, etc.
    That is precisely how I eat as well. It was brought to my attention after a teacher informed my parents of it in elementary school.

I must develop and keep a routine. I will end up doing the same things in the same order on the same days. If I'm not able to do this - with the exception of plan changes that I have made several days or weeks in advance, then I will almost be unable to function. (I've also been known to wear the same or a similar wardrobe on certain days.)
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

Weasyl
    SharkFluff
    I have a thing for hypodermic needles :I
    Holy Butts!

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    I find I get quite fascinated with smells. Like when there are certain ones that just light up my mind rather quickly and put associations to people to them. Like if it's someone I know I could recognise them from scent this way if I was blindfolded.

Weasyl
    Percy
    I'm extremely good at rhythm games, especially stepmania. Basically, I'm really good at moving my fingers quickly in time with arrows. :I
    Though a negative quirk I have is misophonia. I'm really good at keeping my annoyance to myself, though.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I subconsciously add flourishes to some of my movements. I'll just pick up a notebook or shut a door with way more flair than necessary.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Sonata
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarukai View Post
    I Like if it's someone I know I could recognise them from scent this way if I was blindfolded.
    hole shit yes this me too. and if I like the way someone smells it's more likely that I will get more attached to them.
    if you smell nice and I am close to you I will snuggle.

other quirks...I like getting compliments so I tend to exaggerate things like with my appearance or body language. i would bat my eyelashes or wear the brightest red lipstick. stuff like that. and when I do get complimented it's a victory in my mind.