Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What are your fears?

I had a dream last night where I ended up coughing and gagging up with my teeth in the blood that came out.
    Good fucking lord I hate those dreams. I like my teeth. I'd like them to stay in the mouth.
    The human development, in which you lose your initial teeth is so horrible. The feeling of a loose tooth in your mouth is absolutely traumatizing.
    Thought this was relevant since I mentioned my teeth earlier

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I had a dream last night where I ended up coughing and gagging up with my teeth in the blood that came out.
    Good fucking lord I hate those dreams. I like my teeth. I'd like them to stay in the mouth.
    The human development, in which you lose your initial teeth is so horrible. The feeling of a loose tooth in your mouth is absolutely traumatizing.
    Thought this was relevant since I mentioned my teeth earlier
    Dreams about your teeth are normally related to something real. Have you not cleaned your teeth in a while, gotten tooth aches, or something?

Weasyl
    Signy
    I cannot watch people shave, be it in movies, on TV, or in real life. I have to look away or cover my eyes until the scene is over. My imagination just kicks in and I think of all these horrible, awful things that can happen. Even if the person only receives a nick, I squirm and cringe.

I have no issue shaving my own legs, and I don't mind violence or gore in movies. It's a weird phobia.
    Last edited by Signy; 12-31-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calligraphy View Post
    I cannot watch people shave, bit in movies, on TV, or in real life. I have to look away or cover my eyes until the scene is over. My imagination just kicks in and I think of all these horrible, awful things that can happen. Even if the person only receives a nick, I squirm and cringe.

I have no issue shaving my own legs, and I don't mind violence or gore in movies. It's a weird phobia.
    That actually sounds pretty recognisable. Same with people getting shots in movies or using syringes.
    It makes my skin crawl. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Dreams about your teeth are normally related to something real. Have you not cleaned your teeth in a while, gotten tooth aches, or something?
    I've mentioned it a number of times that my teeth have been on less maintenance than other people's teeth..
    But I've had these dreams even when I have kept them nice and tidy so I don't know what gives.
    I've had all kinds of dreams which just can't have any relevance to the real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Fir of teh duck?

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Fir of teh duck?
    I'll be honest and thanks to this community, I read that as "d***". Thank you, everyone. I love you.

I fear for the day I will forget about my OCs. There's always a chance when you step into the 30s/40s, you will likely turn into a boringass oldman with no imagination thanks to people force feeding you boring books about REALITY.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    I fear for the day I will forget about my OCs. There's always a chance when you step into the 30s/40s, you will likely turn into a boringass oldman with no imagination thanks to people force feeding you boring books about REALITY.
    I was, for the longest time, convinced that I would stop daydreaming stories once I got old enough, and that any characters I'd spend time thinking about would be proper ones, meant for a story to be written down. "It seems strange that I'm still doing this at 16. Maybe I'll stop when I'm 17." "Maybe I'll stop when I'm 18." "Maybe when I'm 19?" I'm 26 now and I've found no reason to stop. It's still fun.

Your OCs will probably change as you change, but I reckon age alone isn't going to stop you having an active imagination, especially if you enjoy it and it's important to you.

--

As for me, I live in basically constant fear of world-destroying events. Even when they're something I'd never live to see. I can't read articles about climate change anymore, since they tend to give me panic attacks. The caldera under Yellowstone terrifies me. I can't read about space if I'm too tired, because it just makes me think of how fragile the balance is that supports us, perched on the thin skin of a molten planet, relying on sheer luck that nothing large comes crashing through our atmosphere, while we wreck the place for profit. If we make this place uninhabitable, there is nowhere else we could hope to go, and I don't know why that thought doesn't terrify everyone.

I've had panic attacks about the heat death of the universe. I... don't know what the logic is behind that one. :I
    Last edited by Ruggy; 01-01-2014 at 03:34 PM.