Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Heyo!

I have a super old Fujitsu T4020 convertible, and I have mixed feelings about whether it makes a good drawing tool. The screen itself is of course, very intuitive and drawing was easy! But it was lacking in computing power and had a few problems that made it hard to draw anything super serious on it. My screen's color was rather poorly calibrated and it constantly had a yellowish tint which made all my drawings appear blueish on other computers. The built-in Wacom penabled tablet also didn't seem to do very well when I'm using a drawing program with the canvas zoomed out, making the lines jagged and unusable. Other than these problems I really like being able to draw right on the screen.

I have a kindle fire, I don't use it much.

The only way I'd consider buying any other tablet device is if it worked like a digital, portable sketchpad with pressure sensing and the like. And even then, I probably would never pay over 100 for one.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    I probably would never pay over 100 for one.
    Then you will probably never buy a portable sketchpad then. :3

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Then you will probably never buy a portable sketchpad then. :3
    You used "then" twice without needing to. Also, there is such a thing as sales and used software.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

I just bought (as in last night, using it to type this post) a Nexus 7 (Google/Asus). I'm quite loving it. I was looking for something small and lightweight to lug with me to campus for work and school that I would still be able to use somewhat like a laptop. I'm able to access my online course materials, screw around on the internet, and all that fun stuff. It means I don't have to carry ,y whole laptop setup during the winter and its the perfect size.

I would like to find some decent skeching programs for it, however.

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    You used "then" twice without needing to. Also, there is such a thing as sales and used software.
    Whoops lol. I got off work when I posted it and I was exhausted. Yeah, I was just saying they would probably be pretty expensive, even used.

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Whoops lol. I got off work when I posted it and I was exhausted. Yeah, I was just saying they would probably be pretty expensive, even used.
    I tend to wait for things to drop in price, even if it takes a year or two - and electronics always drop in price, unless it's something like a desktop PC.

Weasyl
    darkdoomer
    Last edited by darkdoomer; 10-08-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Weasyl
    Bitcoon
    I'm waiting on Microsoft's Surface tablet, myself. It looks sleek and sexy, and the idea of having that awesome little tablet with all its power (I'm talking about the one with the pen stylus and full Windows 8, not the tablet one. Ugh) to draw and do all my computing on anywhere, it just sounds amazing. I have a nice laptop but even at 11" it's a pain to carry around and use "anywhere". A tablet, though, I can get into that.