Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FF7 - Steam Edition

Anyone playing the steam release?

Just got the Highwind. I'm playing with hacks for lols and ive played the game so many times legit. This time im doing everything i didn't in other play throughs... getting all materia including knights of the round, breeding the gold chocobo and then fighting the weapons.

Not bad for $12 and i bought it when it was $7.99 for the summer sale.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    I wouldn't pay a single cent for FF7 in any form.

Weasyl
    Brace
    I was considering it. I'm told emulating it gets better quality though.

Weasyl
    smelge
    I am enjoying the shit out of it at the moment. Got it while it was really cheap in the Winter sale, and now I've got well behind on all my work.

As it stands, I'm 15 hours in, been doing a fuckton of sidequests and just about to go get Aeris murdered. Spoiler. I've made sure to get the most upsetting outcomes as well, doing all the Aeris flirting and stuff because I like to imagine I've got Cloud to form a proper bond with her, romance is blooming etc etc just so I can imagine him being utterly devastated when she vomits up her own kidneys.

I am a horrible person.

The cloud save feature is a pile of dicks though. Most of the time it doesn't work, so I've got into the habit of locally saving, then cloud saving once a day to update the online profile. I've made sure to get almost everything, so I'm currently waltzing up to bosses and kicking their dicks off.

I did Gi Nattak the other day. Big evil spirit warrior, tough to kill and so on. He looked surprised when I turned up, cast White Wind on him so he couldn't see or use magic, then turned him into a frog and jumped up and down on him.

It's so much more satisfying when you overkill.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Why don't they release FFVI on steam?

Weasyl
    smelge
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Why don't they release FFVI on steam?
    Wasn't it one one of the handhelds?

At a guess, mainstreaming? 7 was the first one that really broke into the western market, so it's the one that sticks in peoples minds. 8 was pretty good as well showing what games could do on the old Playstation. It wouldn't surprise me if 9 shows up soon. If I recall though, 6 was one of the ones that only really got popular when people realised they were playing FF7 and there were 6 more of these things.

Look at it this way: Every game Squeenix re-releases, the more cash they rake in. If the game was popular, it'll show up eventually. I know from experience that the pc ports of 7 and 8 were shit, so they've obviously done some work on them. Give it time, 6 will appear.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I blame Dragon Ball Z for FF7's success. It promoted the fact that everyone can look like popeye and be cool. And emos. I blame emos too.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    I blame Dragon Ball Z for FF7's success. It promoted the fact that everyone can look like popeye and be cool. And emos. I blame emos too.
    Cloud Strife may have been the first emo.

That being said Final Fantasy for me got worse after 9.. I can't stand 10 and onwards.
    I had 7 and 8 on old school CD's for my PC once but my data got corrupted so I gave up.
    Completed 7 and 9 on my PSP though. I'd like proper hard copies of the first 6 though, mainly 1, 5 and 6.

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Steam has FF games?

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Naaah, if I want to play it, I'll just pop in the discs! Still have the black label set I got from goodwill years ago. Three bucks, n'at.