Weasyl
    foxboyprower

Relayed issues: site format and loading time

I contacted someone I knew on FA and asked him to try out weasyl. I do this now and then and the response is normally "All my stuff is already here and most people use FA". It's a bit of lazy reasoning but perfectly understandable.
    However this person gave me some very specific reasons they used FA rather than other furry art sites. They have slow internet and FA loads the fastest. I was wondering why that is and if there was some way this site could be optimized to address that problem in the possible future.

Additionally they said they hated the fixed width format of the website and that because of this fixed width, the sites sucked on a high resolution screen. I'm not sure how this could be improved but I hope that it helps sharing what others say about the site.

That is honestly ridiculous reasoning. There are others who may not want to use FA, so you're always going to limit your userbase that way.

On the other two points, I've noticed something odd. When I load the site from a new tab or my personal local home page, it takes quite a while to load. I can't give a specific time, but when it comes to internal links, speeds seem perfectly fine.
    And fixed width? Weasyl isn't fixed width, as far as I can tell. ... oh, zooming out it cuts off after a certain point, how about that.

... I personally prefer fixed with because I find it difficult to read text if lines are too long.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayruu View Post
    On the other two points, I've noticed something odd. When I load the site from a new tab or my personal local home page, it takes quite a while to load. I can't give a specific time, but when it comes to internal links, speeds seem perfectly fine.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here. is the first weasyl URL you load always the same? either way, what URL (or URLs) are affected by this?

the weasyl index page is, however, currently getting revamped to load much faster. should be out soon.