Page 63 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What makes you happy?

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Knowing ill be out of this crap state late next year. Washington we come!1

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    If you don't mind, Batty, would you mind telling me what are your issues with California? I'm pretty sure I can guess but I knda want to hear myself.

Yeah, I keep hearing all these good things about Washington and being Furry, strangely.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazenBull View Post
    If you don't mind, Batty, would you mind telling me what are your issues with California? I'm pretty sure I can guess but I knda want to hear myself.
    Orange County is like the inverse of Austin, TX. All the high taxes of CA, but populated by asshole fundie conservatives instead.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Resident Koopa Trash

That the classroom is practically a safe place at the career center. I've never really thought about it till now.

Like in the sculpture lab where I used to work (and take classes), if you make a mistake or don't know something, or just aren't very good you get hounded, judged, and made fun of mercilessly, on top of being written off and seriously disrespected.

In the classroom I'm in now, if you are having trouble, or are just plain bad at something, or don't understand something, you get support. The teachers say basically "I see you are having trouble, here is what you can do" or "Here I'll show you how I do it" or "Well some people do it this way if that doesn't work for you"

I had a really hard time today, because I'm really bad at fluxcore and after several days of it am showing little sign of improvement, and instead of brow beating and making fun of me, the instructors have helped me a lot and also gave me a pep talk to remind me where I am, and that I'm ok, it's a learning experience and I am just getting all the mistakes out of the way now. (And to stop being so stressed before I make myself sick).

And that makes me happy. That I can do bad, admit I'm doing bad, have the teacher acknowledge that I'm doing bad. And then work to help me get on track. It's amazing, I rarely have had such an experience with trying to learn or do anything.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Saga
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    I hear washington got tha good weed, with it being legal and all... enjoy lol

ot: Well I guess Im happy that I woke up this morning. I once knew an old man who told me that everyday he wakes up is a good day, and he's right.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Making new friends for the first time in a long time. Feels good bros.

I had an epiphany this morning for a story I've got in the works that I think will make a few things flow better and maybe make more sense?

I hope so anyway, I'd been stuck for a while on something, and realized maybe I should just take a different route.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

So you know those intersections where the left most lane is a left turn lane only then the middle lane is left turn+straight, and sometimes people try to go straight from the turn only lane?

Well today we were at one of those and someone decided to rush straight from the turn only lane. But as soon as he did it a motor cop popped right out of the gas station and pulled him over.

It was pretty glorious, and I suppose a little evil, cause you know that cop was sitting at that gas station just waiting for someone to make a moving violation.