Page 30 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What makes you happy?

Weasyl
    Ranguvar
    Being able to walk normally again .

Ok context, so I was at the shipyard doing some man work in the machine room, somebody has to build American war machines . Anyway, Rangy had to make some catwalk and he needed to get his tools and thangs down there. Now getting around a unfinished ship is a pain in the ass , you're carrying tools, burning line, and metal down crowded aisles and over equipment; it is very difficult to maneuver.

Anywho, I had to cross from one part of the machine room to another in order to start my work. To get from one side of the room to the other you have to climb over this piece of large piping. Easy? Nope. On either side there are these gaps that you can fall through or catch your equipment on . Also there are wires that dangle from the deck above and piping that you have to dodge when climbing over said piece of giant tubing. So I proceed to navigate over this big ass pipe with my all equipment on my person (shouldn't have done that, so stupid gooby) and about to place my left foot on the deck, and that is when a series of unfortunate events occur.

So my left foot slips a little and I catch it one some framing. No biggie, I readjust and shift my weight. Ok, but as I begin to move my right leg over the pipe and shift my weight, that is when I hear this ungodly popping noise. Apparently when I shifted my weight my knee and my leg decided to go in different directions, ouch. So at this point I am looking at my mangled leg and the only thing I can muster is, 'Welp, Shit". I can't feel my foot and I can't bend my left leg, but I turn my swag on and do what has to be done. I sit down (not really sit, or fell really ,that's what happens when your leg buckles) on the pipe, and use my arms to wedge my foot between frames on the deck, shove a glove into my mouth, and I shift my body weight in the opposite direction. Much success! I popped my lower leg back into place and kneecap is where it's supposed to be!

Unfortunately after said debacle I could barely walk and I was in the bowels of the ship (I basically crawled out of that fucker) but hey that is what worker's comp is for.
    Last edited by Ranguvar; 02-22-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Weasyl
    ZaryaRaccoon
    I got my birthday commissioned to myself -and- a late bday doodle. What an okay night.

Weasyl
    Vae
    People can say whatever shit they want about my constant drawing of the koopa kids as of late, but I like it's helping my art improve pretty rapidly.
    I'm forced out of my comfort zones. Especially if I draw them as humans.
    Because there's so much variation to take into account.
    I feel more enthusiastic about my art than I have in years.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Talking with the owner of the store about an Assistant Manager role is both pleasing and a drag, but mostly the former. It is only the latter because the newest staff members are the kind of people that leave something to be desired as far as intelligence goes. It gets tiring cleaning up their mistakes.

Weasyl
    N/A
    This newfound sense of peace and certainty I've never had before. Also this delicious cup of coffee (first one in a month! I'm trying to cut down).

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Not having work in the morning is something that brings me great inner peace.

Weasyl
    RedLeFrench
    Finally being able to focus on one thing and only one at a time for extended periods of time, thanks to a 3-hour long game of Left 4 Dead ! Now.... What shall I do now ? *goes back reviewing Yoshi's Island*
    This link might contain cookies. Spoilers : it does not, it's just a trap link towards something I write. Sorry...

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    Getting drunk amongst loved ones for the first time in a very long while.
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #299
    Quote Originally Posted by zarya View Post
    I got my birthday commissioned to myself -and- a late bday doodle. What an okay night.
    Seems like all my birthday art is all going to be some shade of late. Well, I mean, it already IS late now, but it's kind of amusing after 7 years of dealing with this, no matter how much in advance it is. I've learned to have patience with this stuff, at least. Mostly. :v

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    People can say whatever shit they want about my constant drawing of the koopa kids as of late, but I like it's helping my art improve pretty rapidly.
    I'm forced out of my comfort zones. Especially if I draw them as humans.
    Because there's so much variation to take into account.
    I feel more enthusiastic about my art than I have in years.
    Rock on, Vae. Draw whatever the hell you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnau View Post
    Getting drunk amongst loved ones for the first time in a very long while.
    I want to know what this feels like. I did have a ton of champagne tonight, though. Totally worth it.

Weasyl
    N/A
    When my girlfriend is excited as hell about something and then I get excited too and it makes me want to give everyone chocolate because I like them :D