Page 66 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What makes you happy?

So I signed my work contract and found out they'll be paying me 20% more than I thought they would. This is a good day.

Later I took ~4km/1h walk in the forest in pouring rain at night, and it felt so very good.

I'm in such a good mood today

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Later I took ~4km/1h walk in the forest in pouring rain at night, and it felt so very good.
    ... Well, I'm officially jelly of you, and I'm not often jelly of people.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    The work atmosphere since the departure of one of my bosses. She was such a toxic woman, and continues to be vindictive after the split of the partnership.

But now? I work with coworkers I like enough to go to festivals and out-of-town trips with, and I'm going camping with them in a couple weekends. I have a boss whose way of informing me that I now get two weeks of paid vacation was to say, "So, go get your Bonnaroo tickets!" A boss who doesn't expect us to prioritize work over our health. (And who I, not coincidentally, work harder for as a result.)

All that was good enough as it was. Then she told us that on top of two weeks' paid vacation throughout the year, we all get 5 days' paid vacation specifically around Christmas holidays.

I like going to work again. I actually look forward to going in to the office and seeing everyone now.

AND THEN.

Oh.

My former boss. She apparently had to be talked down from firing the entire tech department on multiple occasions (you know, at a company that relies on Wordpress) and wrote very adamantly that she would never hire any techies again when working out the split with my current boss. She was convinced a monkey could do our jobs, and that she could do it if she wanted to, she just didn't "have the interest." This woman.

She asks for the site files for her brother's business site. We give them to her, and tell her to just "install Wordpress like normal." A week later, she still hasn't gotten them installed correctly. Y'know, wordpress, the platform a good 20% of the internet runs on, that's so well-documented it's ridiculous. Video tutorials everywhere. First goddamn result for "moving wordpress" is from wordpress.org.

She can't install that shit, and she apparently bugged every former tech contractor the company ever worked with to try to get help with it. (They all refused for being too busy with having moved on with their lives, and one of them said he wouldn't help because she'd yelled at him when he worked for her.) Still too proud to call and ask for our help.

Delicious.
    Last edited by Ruggy; 05-13-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    Not having to cook dinner myself.

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    avan_kaira
    Finding out that inspite of lackluster homework performance, i still did excellently on two midterms. Rather painfully though, each assignment is worth nearly as much as the test.. Still, it bodes well for the final.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Finally being done with my second year in university and thus done with my physics class.

That final was an absolute nightmare. No amount of preparation could ever have been enough. The lowest grade I can expect is a C though so fuck it. :V

Weasyl
    Ranguvar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    The lowest grade I can expect is a C though so fuck it. :V
    C's get degrees

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranguvar View Post
    C's get degrees
    But it doesn't get money, which is what I'm after. :V I try to keep my grades up, but that class was just every kind of trying. I feel better knowing that everyone else had problems, too.

Weasyl
    BlackElectric
    The weather is finally warming up and I can start wearing shorts and a t-shirt outside!

Weasyl
    N/A
    I got my evenings back! On the weekend Ima catch up with my online bros, this will bring happy c: