Page 123 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1375

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What makes you happy?

Weasyl
    shiy0
    the sound of rain wich is droppin down at your window at night... damn thats cheesy oo

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    I dare say, my day today has been utterly fulfilling and exquisite. Here is what has made me happy:

First and foremost, I had a historical presentation about the Dacian and Roman cultures at a school, so I went there with another colleague from our Reenactment association. We dressed up our costumes, our armour, brought clay for the kids to play it, and all.
    By the time we reached there, the kids, mostly aged between 7-12 were expecting us.
    I had to present Roman and Dacian history to a bunch of young kiddos. Haha, it was very awesome! I love children! They were so utterly fascinated and enthralled, especially to see a person in armour that looks exactly as the romans and barbarians he hears about.
    And at the end, before I leave, one kid comes up at me, and says "This is for you!" and hands me a little star. Awwww.
    Not to mention that the teacher said she was very satisfied by our display, and she paid us double than we originally planned, so I made myself with a ton of cash after that.

--

Secondly:
    I am crafting my own pair of caligae. Which is basically a twisted mix between military boots, and sandals, footwear that the Ancient Romans wore.
    Today I plan to finish them, but I am so proud that I am starting to acquire such crafting skills. I am looking forward to the day where I might be able to craft stuff and commercialize them.
    But for anyone who wants, here are some progress shots: http://imgur.com/a/rL7LJ
    pardon the low quality please

And third and the most glorious:
    Receiving comments on my poems and stories is always something that cheers me most, and fills my heart with exhilaration. Moogle however left me not just a comment, but a very thoughtful and profound here( https://www.weasyl.com/submission/1082483/time ) one that left me with a very deep smile on my face.
    I felt utterly satisfied and happy to know that my poetry has left such a pleasant mark on someone. Thank you very much, Moogle, your compliment was most appreciated, and it felt like divine nectar!

Weasyl
    Sylver
    I love the earthy smell of rain, the cold bed sheets, and the warm cave you create under the covers. I miss being a kid :3 at least I have my memories.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1224
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Listening to Bastille and Walk the Moon. Those two bands have songs that I can listen to for any mood I'm in. Currently listening to "Anna Sun" by Walk the Moon as I type this.

Receiving (deserved) compliments for something I do. Usually drawing or japanese or cooking.
    Light-hearted for-all-ages anime series that don't require much thinking or deep analysis like Rinne or Pocket Monsters XY that I can just sit down and watch with full tranquility.
    Weekends with friends that do not end in any 2 people quarreling.
    Long trips on car that have little traffic problems while 80s music plays.

Weasyl
    Sylver
    Today I am grateful for: Coffee and shampoo

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    Having a stash of candy in my bag. I ate it all in my first class, but it was worth it.

Weasyl
    sayum
    +Rice
    +British Television
    +Sleeping
    +Museums
    +The Ocean
    +Excellent Stories

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by sayum View Post
    +Rice
    Rice, rice, baby!
    ....I've been wanting to eat a dish with rice in it for a while now. I love rice but I haven't had any in probably a month or so, I think...?

I'm happy when I can stop being distracted long enough to actually make progress on an art piece.
    I'm also happy that I did useful things today, such as washing my car and tending to the cactus plants outside. I also got to use a machete, which was rather fun.

Weasyl
    sayum
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Rice, rice, baby!
    ....I've been wanting to eat a dish with rice in it for a while now. I love rice but I haven't had any in probably a month or so, I think...?
    Rice is mostly what I eat. I love my rice cooker and there is so MUCH you can do with rice! Rice omelets, fried rice, steamed, rice cake, stew, curry, augggh. I love cooking with rice.