Page 127 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1375

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What makes you happy?

Weasyl
    Dvir
    Quote Originally Posted by shiy0 View Post
    i know what you mean. sometimes just something working like you want it too is enough to make the day a little bit brighter. : 3
    yep, particularly when everything usually seems to go wrong in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I really appreciate the kindness I receive from some people around here in regards to my material. Not so much the praise, but it's the tone of acceptance of my usual subject matter is nice. I don't feel ashamed to post my light stuff here, the forums I mean. I sometimes expect to be completely pushed away as some horrible pervert shitlord, but I've never felt like that.
    I will admit I wasn't really feeling your stuff at first but then I realized I'd been fucking fat bitches all my life and not having it always be a bad idea so like, I just came to see it as you being one of those guys filling that niche. And I mean your bitches ain't even as bad as some of the one's I done crawled all up in that shit with. Like when I went to draw this one bitch's fursona I actually tried to think back to your style, how they're still kinda idealized in their own way. I had to flatter the shit out of her, dawg. I felt more like I was giving her plastic surgery than drawing her a fursona.

Cussing that bitch out makes me happy lol. Fuck my baby's mama.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    XoPachi and Wolf-Bone make me happy. :3c

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I feel what you mean about having to really work to get something you like with material that goes against your preferences. Someone who normally draws really bodacious women actually commissioned me one time. But he had me draw the exact opposite. I mean, if that's your thing fine, but why commission ME to do it? You follow me and know what I like so I did as much as I could to make it look appealing to me personally. I was confused. 'u`
    I actually don't mind if people don't like my stuff, but there are instances where people actually like...get mad at my it. Like beyond critique to straight up wanting me to stop what I do and voicing as such. It's pretty disheartening.
    That reminds me of some of my past work. People would get furious at some of the stuff I drew, not because it was too gory, too sexual, too dark, too violent, too controversial. Nothing about my art has really ever been more than middle-of-the-road, put your own interpretation to it type art that might have some deeper meaning or might just be a guy's drawing. It's not really meant to be analyzed that deeply. Yet every so often I'd get people try to "analyse" my art like I'm not a person who draws pictures as much as a defendant in some crime-drama playing out in their heads and my art is the "evidence" of what a sick, deranged, evil person I must be. The way people treat art and artists, especially their refusal to distinguish between the artist and his or her work, or to just accept an artist as someone with a hobby you might not totally understand, has always offended me more than anything in any work of art I've ever seen, or even most things that even the most controversial, out-there artists say about anything. I've always thought artists are just a bit like scientists in how no one ever sees them as people as much as products of some inherent (and inferior) mental wiring that can only ever be the insane type of genius, never just genius and, if it can be managed in any way, just simple, easy to judge insanity absent of not just genius but genuine, human thought or emotion. Artists make things, and because of that, they are things. The age old "what you do for a living is who you are" bullshit except in that example all the prejudices and condescension leveled towards that field, where they would be kept under the surface in most cases, are unloaded like machine-gun fire without the slightest regard to another's desires, aspirations or even their basic right as a person. And of course artists know better than most that all we're really doing is bearing the brunt of the hate they wish they could get away with unleashing on, say, blacks, jews, queers, etc.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    talking to friends like moogle, herald, and a few others
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

The smell of fresh paint is the best scent ever.
    I also have my compact watercolor-kit all put together, so tomorrow, I will go to the zoo to sketch. That should be fun!

Weasyl
    N/A
    I love the smell of petrol, but it's a shame that it gives me brains damegsesd josdf ..

Weasyl
    N/A
    ^Yesss, that sounds like it'll be a blast! I've never been to a zoo before but I hope there will be a place for you to set up a mini work station (though I guess it shouldn't be too hard with your kit ).

OT - Stories like these

Can only imagine the bond between the animal and caretaker when this type of situation happens. Even for people who adopt, you're saving them and in return they'll love you unconditionally (as should you back, ofc!). Live long & strong, Party Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    ^Yesss, that sounds like it'll be a blast! I've never been to a zoo before but I hope there will be a place for you to set up a mini work station (though I guess it shouldn't be too hard with your kit ).
    I'll try to remember to take a photo of the semi-complete kit tomorrow (I still have to bind my sketchjournal, so I'm using a premade watercolor sketchpad in the meantime), but the palette is seriously tiny. it's the size of a businesscard-holder with magnetized pans.

I was pretty much bouncing around when I saw the package in my letterbox today. Plus, the paints I filled the pans with are so vibrant! The tubes cost an arm and a leg to invest in them, but the color-payoff is so worth it.
    Last edited by Hardrockangel; 09-11-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Oh tubes! I actually forgot you could buy watercolour like that, always thought it was just the pucks/pans they were available in. Just checked the price for them and hot dang you were spot on... they better be high quality for that amount! xD

Also, that set is even smaller than I imagined.. O_O So cute!