Page 112 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1375

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What makes you happy?

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Practicing and drawing is something I crave atm. It's like an oxygen supply now. Sure some breaks one in awhile but the thought of drawing something just keep coming everyday and it must be released.

Weasyl
    Levi
    Seeing my dog after a long day at work makes me happy

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Seeing my dog after a long day at work makes me happy
    I know the feeling. There is nothing as sweet as that little snowball rush and greet me every time I enter through the door.
    It is so heart melting to know that I mean the world to somebody. I love my dog.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyopteryx View Post
    Getting some seriously wicked surprise fanart from an artist that I've admired for a long time. It made my day, nay week, and I go into conniptions of happiness whenever I look at it it's so fantastic.

I've never gotten any kind of fanart/giftart before (this doesn't include trades) so it was such a shock for me to see it this morning. I've been feeling so abysmal and not-excellent for a while now so this lightened a huge mental burden I've been carrying around. I know this may sound like borderline gushing but I can't help it, I'm in a great mood.
    That sounds freaking awesome, especially since the art was from someone you really admire!

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Duolingo. They've gotten a ton better since the last time I used it. And now it's pretty amazing.
    They have Irish Gaelic and it is the greatest and most terrible thing. The pronunciation makes no sense. E.g. "Maedhbh" is pronounced "Mayv".
    ... it's so great
    Whoops, I forgot about Duolingo! >> I was learning (or rather, trying to learn) French and Spanish, then I skipped using it for a while and totally forgot about it. :b

I'm pretty happy right now, because I've just solved a problem that was bugging me a bit. I have a couple of small clay head maquettes, that are sculpted onto the ends of some plastic tubes (The heads sort of look like they have long plastic necks). The tubes are there so I can hold them while sculpting the heads. However, there's no convenient way for me to set them down without worrying about smudging detail, since they have to lay on their sides due to the tubes.

I just made (or rather, modified) a container to hold my little head maquettes in, and I'm rather pleased with it! It's basically a plastic Red Vines container, with a circular piece of foamcore board stuck halfway down it. (It doesn't slide down, as there's a slight size difference between the top and bottom of the container.) I cut holes into the board to hold the tubes that the maquettes are sculpted on. Didn't take long to make, and it keeps the dust off the clay while keeping my heads stored upright and away from surfaces. I wish I'd thought of this earlier!

Now time to fill it with little maquettes... I only have two in there at the moment, but it has space for nine. My next head maquette will be the top half of a wolf's head, to try and visualize something I want to make for a costume. Now that I have a place to put it when not sculpting, I feel much better about starting on it. ^^

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Having a friend come over and show him my selection of Wagner music, and then proceed playing Serious Sam together.
    Rilvor, you fabulous one you, I freaking corrupted my friends with it : D

Weasyl
    Zenmetsu
    Gaming, talking to friends

Weasyl
    Uncle Gator
    when i slap stuff together in the kitchen without measuring anything and it turns out really good

Weasyl
    Namba
    My recent discovery of the Swedish behemoth of a metal band Massive Audio Nerve

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Having a favourite theater play that you simply want to attend to more than once and whenever you attend it, you witness the actors performing slightly differently adding a sensation of refreshment and newness everytime you attend making you curious what they bring up next time.

I love theater.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    My birthday is in 24 days. This seems like the perfect time to get some steak. I really love steak.

I like to eat in general and have a serious sweet tooth (though I seemed to have toned it down a bit). I'm trying to be a bit more healthy about it, at least.

As for other things, I really enjoy reading. Supernatural romance novels, manga, comics, history books (as long as it's not painfully dry about being a history book). I even take a look at the books scattered all over Skyrim from time to time.

Working on my art is a good way for me to unwind and also try new things. Trying new things is nice. I also enjoy crocheting little stuffed animals (amigurumi) and giving them to family members (aside from the little mimic treasure chest I made). I can be a bit impatient, so finishing a project in an hour or two is also nice.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles