Page 133 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1375

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What makes you happy?

Weasyl
    N/A
    There's a difference between leisure and joining a borderline cult. Yes let's have someone tell me what to believe and promote a warped and bastardized translation of a 2000+ year old book.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Saying goodbye to critical thinking one person at a time
    Implying that being a devout Christian means that you must be devoid of critical thinking is just as heinous and hypocritical as fanatical religious people clinging to their scorn and intolerance. After all, you would be surprised by the number of devout Christians who made various intellectual, social and even scientific contributions to civilization.
    But you most certainly made personalities like Sir Isaac Newton turn in their grave with that.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Implying that being a devout Christian means that you must be devoid of critical thinking is just as heinous and hypocritical as fanatical religious people clinging to their scorn and intolerance.
    Not really, especially if 'devout' means 'faithful to texts'. Also 'scorn and intolerance' would imply that we think it's an extremely negative affliction. I certainly don't. Is that how you feel about those devoid of critical thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    After all, you would be surprised by the number of devout Christians who made various intellectual, social and even scientific contributions to civilization. But you most certainly made personalities like Sir Isaac Newton turn in their grave with that.
    Thinking that scientific greats would thumb the accumulation of modern knowledge and science is laughable at best. Especially someone like Newton. They were Christians during a time the world barely knew any better, so using it as an affirmation is pretty weak. You might as well laugh at an adult who once as a child thought that objects gone from their field a vision ceased to exist. It would be much more poignant if you used modern scientific community statistics and demonstrate a neutral or upward trend.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    Booz!!
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

Weasyl
    N/A
    What makes me happy? Without a doubt forums with ignore/block functionality.
    "If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril." ~ Sun Tzu

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Talking amiably about extremely nerdy things with close friends. I love it, it's the best feeling. The best kind of bonding experience for sure.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    after 3 days of downloading i finaly got the better cities mod for oblvion and i got it installed right finaly. also this is my last day of school for this 9 weeks.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I came out to my mom yesterday evening and she took it surprisingly well. Now my dad should be a cakewalk. I've never felt more at ease.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    I came out to my mom yesterday evening and she took it surprisingly well. Now my dad should be a cakewalk. I've never felt more at ease.
    That's great to hear, Damian! Sounds like you got some weight off your shoulders now. ^^

As for me, I'm happy the busy month of October is over, I got some trade art finished, and that I had a good birthday.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Some recent political happenings have made me really, really happy.