Suggestion: Subdivide the Marketplace Section

Hello,

This is not so much a site suggestion as it is a forum suggestion. Currently the Weasyl Forums has only one section designated for paid work, "Marketplace". This aptly named section contains what is advertised, people offering their varied services for hire. However I believe this "fishing" for clients approach to be a bit clunky. These artists are already advertising their rates, sales, and services on their various art profiles so is seems a bit redundant to advertise it further here. I want to be able to find posts by potential clients actually looking to get jobs done. This one sub-section has been so over saturated with job services that it is almost impossible to find the few job offers.

So my suggestion is to split up the Marketplace into two sections: "Job Offers" and "Job Services". I believe this breakdown of the Marketplace will satisfy both parties involved. The new "Job Services" section will be just like the "Marketplace" was, allowing individuals to, in a sense, "shop" the available services advertised. And the new "Job Offers" section will allow individuals to post jobs they want done and decide on who to hire based on the interested parties that had responded to their job posting.

Dividing the "Marketplace" section into the above mentioned subsections will really help organize the types of threads you will find in regards to paid work. And I believe that small change will help attract more artists to the forums and by extension strengthening the Weasyl art community.

Thank-you for reading.

~B-Man
    ~B-Man
    Freelance Digital Artist

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Sorry for the late response to this!

I will discuss this with the forum team and see what their thoughts are on adding a new section/splitting the marketplace up (as well as see what their ideas are for the names of such areas). The feedback is greatly appreciated, and once we decide on what to do regarding this I'll let you know the verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    Sorry for the late response to this!

I will discuss this with the forum team and see what their thoughts are on adding a new section/splitting the marketplace up (as well as see what their ideas are for the names of such areas). The feedback is greatly appreciated, and once we decide on what to do regarding this I'll let you know the verdict.
    Excellent! Thanks very much for considering my suggestion.
    ~B-Man
    Freelance Digital Artist

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Taw
    We have decided to keep Marketplace as the general area for artists to advertise their work, but we have added the subforum "Artists Wanted!" where people can go to post requests looking for artists to commission to help split things up. Hope this helps! C:

Excellent! That helps immensely, thank-you very much for doing this.
    ~B-Man
    Freelance Digital Artist

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Taw
    No problem! Glad I could help out! c: Sorry it took a few days though!