Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Books!

I've ready both World war Z and the Zombie survival guide.

I'd recommend both of them to zed fans.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by zenia View Post

The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. I like the stories about Sita, although the very ending makes me sad.
    Oh god I'm still reading these. Near the end it gets really hard to follow. Like...mind fuck man.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    zenia
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Oh god I'm still reading these. Near the end it gets really hard to follow. Like...mind fuck man.
    One of my old roommates borrowed one of my compilation books (two books with three of the stories in each one) and I never got it back. I have to buy a new one eventually. >__>

Weasyl
    N/A
    One of my old roommates borrowed one of my compilation books (two books with three of the stories in each one) and I never got it back. I have to buy a new one eventually. >__>
    My boyfriend bought me all of the omnibus >:3

I must read through it so that we may discuss this series and I won't be spoiled

Weasyl
    zenia
    Indeed. It is a series that I would like to see adapted into a movie series. As long as they didn't screw up all the characters and plots.

I love Elfquest! Although, I must admit that I have kept only to the first six graphic novels that were published. Fire & Flight through to Seige of Blue Mountain part 8. It was the only thoughtful gift my stepdad ever gave me. A couple of weeks ago, Elfmom posted a fanart I did of Cutter, Skywise, NIghtrunner and Starjumper. I was thrilled.
    My favorites are the original quest books - I haven't read much of the others, though I did pick up the manga sized ones because OMG BEARCLAW YES. I have one or two offshoots, like the Searcher and the Sword. I also have the roleplaying game book and the two Gatherum books. It's really one of my all-time favorite series and my holy grail is all eight of the hardcover color books (not the new ones that were released - though they are pretty - but the flat-colored ones from the 80s/90s).
    drawing and graphicsblackacres pipedreams furaffinity deviantart
    roleplay and writingraggedbreath charahub insanejournal

avatar by loadedpistol of furaffinity

Weasyl
    zenia
    I've got all of my Elfquest novels on the bed beside me now. I think I will reread them... and draw fanart. I've only ever drawn the one picture, so I need to do more now that I am better at drawing.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I thought a really good Quest series was Deltora Quest. It's fantasy, about a group of kids who try to save a kingdom by restoring a magical belt artifact. In order to do that they have to find all of the stolen gems and put them on the belt. Each gem has its own magical property. I thought it was interesting, not to mention the world it resided in.

It's a pretty lengthy series but I read it in middle school, and it was really good imo. I couldn't put it down. If I could get my hands on the books again I'd be more than happy to read it once more.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Indeed. It is a series that I would like to see adapted into a movie series. As long as they didn't screw up all the characters and plots.
    Nah they should make it into a TV series. Then they'd have more freedom to do whatever.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuen Growlithe View Post
    Thanks. You know me from when I was on FAF (since seems to be a fair amount of overlap) or from stories/art or elsewhere?
    FAF and Foryah (Greenreaper's place).