Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Books!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    I read the first book of The Hunger Games recently, and though I thought it was graphic, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought my friends were overhyping it when they were encouraging me to read it, so I picked it up for about $8 in paperback to give me something to do while waiting at the airport or on my flight.

I finished the book in a day, and now I'm desperate to read the other two. XD And I want to see the movie, but I want to read the entire book series first. It's scary and entertaining.

My favorite author and book series will always be The Dragons of Pern by Anne McCaffrey since I'm big on fantasy and dragons and all that, and have been ever since I was a kid.

(I also want a Kindle Fire because I want to collect books, and doing so in E-Book form seems like a less expensive and better option. I don't think my house is ready or big enough for a library.)
    I read all three and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it's done. I'd recommend them to anyone who likes that sort of book.

I recently read all 3 Hunger Games books too. Wow, is the only thing I have to say. It's been a while since I've been so engrossed in a book. Now to get ahold of the first movie when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by NightWolf714 View Post
    I recently read all 3 Hunger Games books too. Wow, is the only thing I have to say. It's been a while since I've been so engrossed in a book. Now to get ahold of the first movie when it comes out.
    The movie is really poor compared to the books. I saw the movie first and then read the books and it blew me away how much was removed.

Dragonriders of Pern series hands-down is my favorite.

Dragons are so cool. :3
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15

Weasyl
    Fayv
    My favorite series is Discworld.
    Fav books are neverwhere (signed copy yays) hitchhiker's guide, and Going postal.

I'm just reading the complete collection of sherlock holmes at the moment.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The only books I've ever read were the Fudge series, Wimpy Kid series, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and a few other I've seen to forget that were required by the school.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Recently I've been reading The Fallen series by Thomas Sniegowski or however the fuck that's spelled. I'm awaiting the final book that's released this month. OMGSOEXCITED.
    -ahem-
    I'm trying to get into the Discworld novels but it's difficult when they're on the computer screen and it hurts my eyes. I'd rather read the book-book not an e-book
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #18

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Recently I've been reading The Fallen series by Thomas Sniegowski or however the fuck that's spelled. I'm awaiting the final book that's released this month. OMGSOEXCITED.
    -ahem-
    I'm trying to get into the Discworld novels but it's difficult when they're on the computer screen and it hurts my eyes. I'd rather read the book-book not an e-book
    I can't read on a screen. It makes me sad. Lemme go through my stuff. I might have a spare copy I could lend out. Alternatively the audiobooks aren't bad.

I love to read, but I have the problem of picking up a book, starting in on it, then finding something new and starting that, too. I think I have a stack of a few books ithat I'm in the process of reading :

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
    Madapple by Christina Meldrum
    I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan
    A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
    Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

I also frequently re-read Crush by Richard Siken because dligjhdlfkghdfl it's amazing. Sandban by Neil Gaiman and Elfquest by Wendi and Richard Pini get re-read pretty frequently. I really love graphic novels~ I have countless books I've picked up that I want to read, but between work and school I don't get a lot of downtime. Usually, most of my reading happens on the bus when I'm out doing errands. X3 I love young adult stuff, and some teen books - though they're few and far between. Once I see 'hotty' on the back cover, my hand spasms and throws it back on the shelf. I have a bad habit, however, if wanting books with pretty covers or bindings, regardless of their quality.

I have a Goodreads account, if anyone's interested~
    drawing and graphicsblackacres pipedreams furaffinity deviantart
    roleplay and writingraggedbreath charahub insanejournal

avatar by loadedpistol of furaffinity

Weasyl
    zenia
    I love the Earths Children (Clan of the Cave Bear, etc) series by Jean M Auel. Although the last one was a bit of a disappointment, I still liked it. I used to be a little titillated by the sex scenes... but now when I reread the series (as I have done often) I skip them. If you don't know, the series chronicles a young woman through part of her life, starting from a 5 year old child, being raised by Neanderthals up to her traveling across Europe from the Black Sea to France and having her own family.

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. NOT the movie based (barely) on the book. I refuse to watch the movie because it obliterated one of my favorite stories. This is a werewolf book. The wolves are shapeshifters, not monsters. The book follows a werewolf girl and her struggle to decide between loving a human and being with one of her own kind.

Harry Potter... everything about this is obvious. Although, I didn't like the last book.

The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. I like the stories about Sita, although the very ending makes me sad.

Most (if not all) the books by LJ Smith. Two of her series have been made into TERRIBLE television series (Secret Circle and Vampire Diaries) so that makes me mad... but the books are good.

I am still mostly into late teen to early adult fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by obliviousally View Post
    Elfquest by Wendi and Richard Pini
    I love Elfquest! Although, I must admit that I have kept only to the first six graphic novels that were published. Fire & Flight through to Seige of Blue Mountain part 8. It was the only thoughtful gift my stepdad ever gave me. A couple of weeks ago, Elfmom posted a fanart I did of Cutter, Skywise, NIghtrunner and Starjumper. I was thrilled.
    Last edited by zenia; 08-01-2012 at 11:57 PM.