Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Damagefox

Xbox Supporter No more, Leaving MS for Sony after Xbox one Disaster!

Yeah ok, I am sure people are gonna start coming after me saying I am not giving it a chance. Had people telling me to "wait till E3" and so on. But the thing is, as much as I have tried...I cant. I just...Cant! I dont care at this point what sort of games Microsoft releases at e3, the out an out slap in the face that was the xbox one reveal was more than enough to secure my decision
    -No backwards compatibility (this includes not only games BUT headsets and peripherals as well)
    the pre-owned fee (Microsoft has said it will likely be the origional retail cost of the game)
    -the creep-factor always watching/listening kinect 2.O...
    Region locked console...
    -Indie game developers banned from self publishing (meaning they have to go through a contract with MS where they proceed to get screwed over)
    The fact that they made a primary partner with EA (voted worst company in the world, 2 years in a ROW)

Those and others are the reason why I, despite having been a loyal xbox supporter (and wouldnt even think of looking at sony) see this as so money hungry and disasterous of an idea (seriously, find the one who thought all these points would be LOVED by gamers....and Punch them in the face, please....Or not...)
    I am turning in my membership card!
    YES I am abandoning Microsoft and Xbox like the sinking ship it is. On the release even thier stock started sinking. So I will be trading in my xbox (limited edition Halo 4 console), all my games. I will be closing my xbox account. And I will be moving on to another console.

Sony has pretty much stated that they will NOT push any form of DRM on the PS4, they will leave it up to the developers but they encourage No DRM. So it looks like either I will be focussing on My Wii U, My 3DS, and trading in my Xbox and games for a PS4 (Maybe even PS3 If I get that impatient.) But Microsoft has shown thier true distain for gamers and so now that they are partnered with NFL and ESPN they have no need for us. So I will be taking my money to Sony and Nintendo. Or maybe try one of the new consoles coming out (Shield, Piston, Ouya)

But out of curiousity, Am I the only one doing this? or has anyone else felt betrayed and disgusted by what Microsoft is doing, the route they are going in, that they see no need to wait till E3 to leave Xbox on the curb the way they did to Gamers who supported them?

It took you until NOW to kick Micro$oft to the curb?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Term
    Quote Originally Posted by Damagefox View Post
    -the creep-factor always watching/listening kinect 2.O...
    To be fair to this point specifically, Microsoft has already addressed that concern in a New York Times article and can be found here.

Basically the console can be shut completely off and does not have to be "always on," though I expect that will effect your ability to say "XBOX On" and turn on the console.

I've had conversations with a few people among my multiple jobs to see what everyone thinks about it, and unsurprisingly the opinions are usually in two camps: the hardcore and casual gamer. To the casual crowd the kinds of things introduced by Microsoft (TV, Sports, becoming an entertainment hub) appeared to be very enticing to that crowd. The hardcore gamer, for many of the reasons you listed, weren't exactly thrilled with the news, and to be expected. IGN's recent poll concerning several aspects of the console reveals have found overwelmingly that the gaming community prefers the PS4 over the XBOX One.

At the end of the day though it's all going to come down to preference. The people who likely only buy games like Madden or the next CoD/Halo game will likely continue buying XBOX. And more power to them as that's their right as consumers.

I've personally been a Playstation guy since the PS2. I'm more of a fan of games like Uncharted and God of War than I am of Halo and Gears. That's just my preference. I'm not really all that interested in the social media aspect that Microsoft and Sony are going towards, as I'm more of a fan of just playing my games without having to tell everyone "LOOK WHAT I JUST DID IN THIS THING MOST OF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT."

As a sports fan the NFL stuff is nice, but certainly not something I'd even consider as a contributing factor towards why I'd want an XBOX. Sony's done alright by me for a while now and I'm just gonna stick with that.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    I don't know why people assuming used games will work like they always have on the PS4. All Sony has said so far is that they themselves aren't going to restrict used games. They have, however, explicitly left the door open for publishers to restrict used games. Given that it's publishers like EA and Activision that are primarily interested in eliminating the secondary market in the first place, Sony's statement says very, very little about how used games will work on the PS4. It could well be that, without any system wide implementation provided by Sony, that the state of used games on the PS4 will end up being far worse than that on the Xbox^1 due to be left entirely to the whims of individual publishers. You can be sure, though, that if used sales are restricted on the Xbox^1 then publishers will impose similar restrictions on the PS4.

Weasyl
    Cani Lupine
    I don't want to talk to my console. I don't want it watching my movement. I want to press a button to turn it on and hold a controller in my hand while laying naked on my bed. I want to pick up used games after all the reviews have been written. I don't want to be forced to connect to high-speed internet in order to play a CONSOLE game. I don't want to be nickel-and-dimed for DLC that should have been included in the game to begin with. In other words, screw new consoles. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    I don't want to talk to my console. I don't want it watching my movement. I want to press a button to turn it on and hold a controller in my hand while laying naked on my bed. I want to pick up used games after all the reviews have been written. I don't want to be forced to connect to high-speed internet in order to play a CONSOLE game. I don't want to be nickel-and-dimed for DLC that should have been included in the game to begin with. In other words, screw new consoles. :/
    Or get a Wii U and contribute to Nintendomination 2013

Weasyl
    Tango
    Spy Box One? No thanks! I'll stick to my PC gaming, thank you very much!
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Aakosir
    I'm not happy about the new one either. You have to pay them before you can even play a used game? What?! And of course all the reasons you listed. It's really wrong. I understand they want to make it better, but not being able to play other Xbox games on the new one? And NEEDING a Kinet? Wrong...

I've never owned a console, but I planned to get one eventually. Judging by what I'm seeing and hearing about the new generation, Xbox One is unlikely to be my choice.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    Or get a Wii U and contribute to Nintendomination 2013
    wii u would seem more enticing if it was understood exactly what the upgrade was