Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Weasyl
    Clambo
    Okay! So I've also made some how-to videos with Sai. I think they'll help a lot if you're completely new to Sai, or want to know what some of the buttons do. :>
    Combine with my post above with all those links for maximum effectiveness!

Various Tips: A video explaining some of the basic tools Sai has to offer, including how to use clipping group layers, the various layer settings, how to turn a brush into an eraser, and a couple other handy things.

How To Make Brushes From Scratch!: Have you ever wondered how people make their own brush textures? Are you confused about how to install brush textures, paper textures and the like to Sai? Here's a step-by-step visual guide of me telling you how to do it. Keep in mind, you will need a copy of Photoshop to make textures from scratch, but these directions can also be used to help you install textures you find in pre-made packs.

EDIT: I realized my second video cuts out after 14 minutes, so here's the second part: How to Make Brushes part 2
    Last edited by kingcrowned; 09-13-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Weasyl
    Rooc
    Holy crap, that part about the binary tool and clicking that button to make it into an eraser blew my mind! I did not know about that D: That is gonna make my life sooo much easier now. I also didn't know the clipping layer did that..

Thank you for making these videos!

Weasyl
    meris
    http://fav.me/d2xdzxq

My favorite set of painterly SAI brushes

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    http://fav.me/d2xdzxq

My favorite set of painterly SAI brushes
    Those look really appealing but I am way too lazy to set up my brushes like that, do they have a file or something with them in it?
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    Those look really appealing but I am way too lazy to set up my brushes like that, do they have a file or something with them in it?
    You hit download on the page to get a .zip file including the brushes.

Weasyl
    meris
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    The download file link is off to the side under the favorite button. However, you do have to go through and do the brush settings manually. No easy way for these, although they are worth it, especially that grass brush.

Edit: Actually, here are my SAI brushes. They include the Copic, Grass, Chunky, Cloud, Gore, and a couple of the Paint brushes from the download I linked, among others. Just copy the all the files into your SAI folder, then click startsai.exe.

THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR SAI BRUSHES! MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gx05if
    Last edited by Unburnt Daenerys; 10-06-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added download link

I know about the download button. :V I will set it up when I feel less lazy I guess.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."