Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Weasyl
    N/A

Looking for advice - Painterly styles etc, in SAI

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Hmm. I guess at the least I can give you some brush settings. As far as painting tutorials, I don't even know what I'm doing when I paint so I can't tell you.

These have been floating for a bit. But It helps to mess around with the settings of a brand new tools until you get it how you want to look.

How realistic are you looking to make your paintings? Still life realism or just finely tuned cartoony paintings?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Uini View Post
    Hmm. I guess at the least I can give you some brush settings. As far as painting tutorials, I don't even know what I'm doing when I paint so I can't tell you.

These have been floating for a bit. But It helps to mess around with the settings of a brand new tools until you get it how you want to look.

How realistic are you looking to make your paintings? Still life realism or just finely tuned cartoony paintings?
    Oh my, these look helpful! Thanks for those, I'll give them a whirl sooner or later. c: What are those boxes supposed to indicate, though? ._. There's like 4 boxes on each with only one brush selected, idk what I'm looking at.

Aaaand... A little bit of both, really. I think for now I'm best off with cartoony paintings. c: As for more "realistic" painting, I intend to go for a semi-realism look.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE

Weasyl
    N/A
    Oh my, that looks fantastic!

Sure, that would be really awesome of you! C:

I use the ink pen and turn the density down or up, or just abuse the airbrush tool, either works.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE

Weasyl
    N/A
    Aye it's very nice! c: Thanks for taking the time to show me. Looks wonderfully solid. c: May I ask how you do the shading? Typically I use a multiply layer for that, and just do whatever (blending and blurring and shit) to give it the soft look.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE

Weasyl
    Demu
    If you want a really good color theory tutorial, check out PurpleKecleon's. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/734030/Web/colortheory.html

It is RIDICULOUSLY informative and might help you a lot!