Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Best location

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Weasyl
    Aden
    I just got back from a camping trip on top of Mt. Graham, AZ, and it's one of the prettiest locations I've been to. Something about being in an old pine forest is inspiring. I can pinpoint my favorite place on the mountain down to a square meter, too: the top of an abandoned fire watch tower as the sun set over the mountains. That was pretty amazing.

Though as I continue to live in the distinctly un-pretty town that is Tucson, my standards for an amazing location drop lower and lower.

\I head to Germany for a week in August; that'll probably take the cake
    Last edited by Aden; 05-28-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    I just got back from a camping trip on top of Mt. Graham, AZ, and it's one of the prettiest locations I've been to. Something about being in an old pine forest is inspiring. I can pinpoint my favorite place on the mountain down to a square meter, too: the top of an abandoned fire watch tower as the sun set over the mountains. That was pretty amazing.

Though as I continue to live in the distinctly un-pretty town that is Tucson, my standards for an amazing location drop lower and lower.

\I head to Germany for a week in August; that'll probably take the cake
    Germany has some really incredible castles.

Weasyl
    Flygon
    I'm a boring person that has boring tastes, so I'm just going to say that Melbourne, Victoria is one of the most interesting places I've been in my life. If not just for the transport!

Weasyl
    MarcusStarkiller
    Quote Originally Posted by KumatoraKazooie View Post
    I haven't traveled too much but Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons was fun. Lots of animals to watch.
    I was there last summer. It was amazing. I've also been to Germany back in 2000.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    I enjoyed living in Adams, NY for like a year. Was really quiet, and different. I live in Chicago, IL so it's usually sirens and truck/car sounds constantly, so to just be out of my comfort zone felt really nice. Though there was absolutely nothing to do so most the time I just stayed inside playing games
    [1:14:39 AM] Kihari: I guess I should go shower and find something to eat
    [1:15:00 AM] Eminoxic: or go eat and find something to shower
    [1:15:13 AM] Kihari: if you come with me I promise I'll let you drop the soap

Weasyl
    Dark
    Fort Qu'apelle, SK.

DAMN, it was gorgeous there.
    Meanwhile, in #CoE...

[20:12:26] <+Dark> "He's dead, Jim."
    [20:14:11] <Nate|phone> My name's not Jim
    [20:14:20] <Nate|phone> And Starr's not a guy
    [20:15:18] <Nate|phone> ...
    [20:17:20] <+Cerberus> And Shadow's not a callgirl.
    [20:17:52] <+Dark> LOL

Weasyl
    Aleksee-Von-Ecstasy
    Russia!!! DDDD

Weasyl
    Levi
    For several reasons, Doha, Qatar. I had to go there on business about this time last year. Actually, I would have returned home fifty-two weeks ago today. It helped that I visited the country in December, because it's a desert on the Persian Gulf and it gets way too hot and humid in the summer, from what the client told me.

It was cold and rainy the first day I was there.

You do have to be careful what you say and do in that country, for what are probably obvious reasons. It's not a good idea to offend their religion or their king. Their human rights record is awful.

But that doesn't mean I couldn't enjoy the trip for what it was.
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19

Weasyl
    Matt
    Charlevoix, MI. I don't have a bad memory there, it's absolutely beautiful, and they have the best fish and chips I've had outside of Britland.

Britland also makes me happy.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    Rico
    Pretty much anywhere in south Florida. Everyone who knows me knows I won't shut the heck up about ~Florida~ but that's because it was legitimately the best experience in my life when it comes to culture, alternative lifestyles, and not being a social shut in.
    Basically south Florida is kinda pretty, very active, and taught me how not to be a neckbeard.