Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Weasyl
    IntricateVision
    Pre-impressionism.... impressionism.... and post-impressionism.
    Romanticism has some really interesting stuff too.
    I also like the pre-raphaelite period and late mannerist stuff like Bouguereau. The latter more for rendering than content. It's pretty stagnant and crappy about content. And the former can produce some really boring work too. But there's still a lot of it I like x3
    I really, really love American illustrators, like Pyle & Wyeth.
    Really love the Northern Renaissance, I did a whole presentation on it once @___@ It gave me my love of oil paint. Nothing compares to how light works with glazes. The paintings literally glow.
    I love aboriginal arts from several cultures... and oh goodness Islamic architecture is loooovely.

I LIKE ALL THE THINGS XD

Weasyl
    The Letter W
    I'm personally a fan of cartoony things, but it has to be a certain kind of cartoony. For instance the style in which Adventure Time is done in does not appeal to me at all!
    I also like bright colours, especially when used in an interesting contrast to gritty.

Quote Originally Posted by IntricateVision View Post
    Pre-impressionism.... impressionism.... and post-impressionism.
    Romanticism has some really interesting stuff too.
    I also like the pre-raphaelite period and late mannerist stuff like Bouguereau. The latter more for rendering than content. It's pretty stagnant and crappy about content. And the former can produce some really boring work too. But there's still a lot of it I like x3
    I really, really love American illustrators, like Pyle & Wyeth.
    Really love the Northern Renaissance, I did a whole presentation on it once @___@ It gave me my love of oil paint. Nothing compares to how light works with glazes. The paintings literally glow.
    I love aboriginal arts from several cultures... and oh goodness Islamic architecture is loooovely.

I LIKE ALL THE THINGS XD
    ALL. The things. C:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JRWenzel View Post
    Realism.
    Especially in anthropomorphic pieces; Iíve always felt that one of the greatest joys of it was the challenge of getting the conjoined anatomy and resulting body symmetry to appear completely natural to the point that the possibly that such creatures could actually exist becomes a given in the observerís mind.
    I strive to do this when I make my art, make it so my characters are anatomically correct and wouldn't appear warped when flipped horizontally either. As in I try to keep it symmetrical.
    Wonderful that you mention that, I need these reminders.
    Last edited by Sinakkro; 06-09-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Forgot quotes.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.

Here's my crappy art also, so have fun with it.
    https://www.weasyl.com/profile/sinakkro

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    I like cartoony art. Stuff that doesn't need to be super realistic to look good. Not to say that I don't like the more realistic pics as well, but the toons are what catch my eye first.

Weasyl
    ArcheKruz
    I would say pseudo-realism, realism is fine, but having some stylistic flexibility would do wonders.

Weasyl
    JRWenzel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinakkro View Post
    Wonderful that you mention that, I need these reminders.
    Thank you.

I like stuff that's bright and very stylized.

Weasyl
    Aokamidu
    My tastes vary depending on what I'm looking at, but overall, I prefer the kind of work where you can tell a human hand was behind the art; slight flaws or imperfections, stuff like that. Material that looks too interchangeable with what everyone else is doing, or is too clean and perfect, or is too realistic is boring to me. I like being able to identify whose work I'm looking at without having to hunt for a signature. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aokamidu View Post
    My tastes vary depending on what I'm looking at, but overall, I prefer the kind of work where you can tell a human hand was behind the art; slight flaws or imperfections, stuff like that. Material that looks too interchangeable with what everyone else is doing, or is too clean and perfect, or is too realistic is boring to me. I like being able to identify whose work I'm looking at without having to hunt for a signature. But that's just me.
    Then you must have a preference for traditional art?

Weasyl
    Aokamidu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    Then you must have a preference for traditional art?
    Au contraire, I like digital art too - I like looking at technique and seeing if an individual's hand-drawn style comes through in their work digitally. Don't get me wrong, work like Genzoman, Raymond Swanland and Dan Dos Swantos (or if we're talking strictly furry, Ryan Wardlow, Shirenai and Strype) is very nice but to me, it doesn't really say anything about their draughtsmanship. I like the rough and ready approach, like Justin Sweet, Mike Mignola (and by extension Duncan Fendrego), and Joe Maudiera (or if on the furry circuit, I've been liking Centradragon's stuff lately) -- it's sort of difficult to explain as I've been trained as an illustrator and a draughtsman, so I'm used to looking for particular signs and what not. But basically, anything that looks like a sci-fi film poster or a living photograph doesn't interest me; they're not necessarily bad but I prefer something slightly more organic, more lively, if that makes sense.