Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weasyl
    N/A
    That is true but there have been people out there that have been giving creatures like that a bad rep.
    "Aha I'm an angel so you can't kill me"
    "Aha I'm a demon so I fuck shit up and take names"
    "Aha I'm X so I do X stereotype that ruins your RP experience"

Discrimination man :c
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Dark
    It's really all about how the player handles it, and in that case, you're unfortunately right. ;-;

Why people don't actually try to make good characters based on those archetypes is something I will never understand. I had someone like that in my group too.

"IM THE SON OF TEH GOD OV DETH BUT IM MADE OF METAL SO U CANT KIL MEE. ALSO I CONTROL SAND. WHICH MEANS I HAVE AN ENTIR PLANET 2 MYSLF."
    Meanwhile, in #CoE...

[20:12:26] <+Dark> "He's dead, Jim."
    [20:14:11] <Nate|phone> My name's not Jim
    [20:14:20] <Nate|phone> And Starr's not a guy
    [20:15:18] <Nate|phone> ...
    [20:17:20] <+Cerberus> And Shadow's not a callgirl.
    [20:17:52] <+Dark> LOL

Weasyl
    FibS
    To create a character's personality you ask that character the same questions you'd ask when you picked up the phone: "Who are you and what do you want?"

That is a little joke of course, but what I mean is your character's most current place in life and where they want to go from there. By extension, you will also need to think about how they intend to get what they want.

Answer those two questions and the rest will follow without much hassle.

Writing has always been a passion of mine. To me, when it feels like I am forcing myself to write rather than allowing the creativity to flow through me, that is when I can tell that it's time to take a break and get back to the story when the inspiration is proper again.

I love writing, but I can tell when I'm being truly creative and when I'm trying to force creativity's hand. So I guess my answer would be, when you feel like the ideas aren't naturally coming to you perhaps you should take a break and wait for more inspiration.