Poll: When you name a character in a game and there's no default name you name them...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

When you get to name one or more characters in a game...

I choose A.

I think hard about it and make some research before deciding one that fits their appearance or a bio that I make up of them.

~DVC
    Last edited by DrakkarVance; 05-14-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Depends on the number of characters and their gender. Also sometimes, what they look like. Usually my and my streamers's names, though in the remake of FF Legend II on NDS, your characters can look like Naruto or Nooj from FF X-2 so there's that.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    I tend to name my character Tiger, but I used to also name them after my former WoW main and a few of my other characters (like my player in Pokemon Emerald). When I name characters that are not myself, like my Pokemon, they tend to be quite random, sometimes pretty idiotic- like an Altaria named Big Daddy (who I gave to my friend for her team) and a Hariyama named Blubberbutt.

Weasyl
    KumatoraKazooie
    I usually use my name if it's a female character if she looks similar to me, If not, I use a fitting real life name. Sometimes, though, I just name them after a character in fiction, usually from a video game.

Kinda depends on my mood, I suppose, but I generally go with Tycho as a main character's name in Pokemon, and I opt for "hurrhurr clevur/funny" names for my Pokemon. I try not to take naming TOO seriously

I usually just run the default, but if there isn't a default, I'll name it something near my own name and just sci-fi it up or somethin'.

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    Depends on the kind of game and character. In something like Elderscrolls I usually have a few staples I go back to because they're basically the same characters. Anytime it's a character that's something closer to me, like in pokemon or something, I usually go with one of my more often used pseudonyms.

Name depends on the game characterization and its features and functionality

I name my characters after Scientists. "Telsa just crafted a rod of shock" ;3

based on the game, sometimes I just take the name they come with, sometimes I give them silly names, sometimes names after people I know or like ... and sometimes names of bad ass people from shows and stoof