Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: MMO Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    Thread title changed as requested.

I personally don't play too many MMORPGS these days. Played tons in the past, beta tests several, and so forth.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2 to come out and then I'll be playing that. :3

If I get bored of GW2 though I'd definitely go back to TERA. Fun game, made millions in the AH during it's first month of release, and got to level 35.
    heh. I quit Tera for GW2.

If all else fails, I might go back to EVE. That game held my interest and it looks like it's getting better.

I don't like grinding or repetition and have little patience so I was only into MMOs for a couple years before I figured it wasn't for me.

Connecting with hundreds of people to adventure and roleplay with seems cool in concept until you find out that most people are dicks and then it becomes significantly less idyllic.

I'd also just like to pay for a game one time and own it. With video games, I like paying for a product, not a service.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    I always liked Phantasy Star Online's method. You don't have to pay to enjoy the game, but if you wanted to go online with your friends you had to pay a small monthly fee. Lets you get into the game then join your friends later in a massive sci-fi creature busting party. I know that doesn't exactly work so well with MMORPGs, and PSO isn't an MMORPG, but it was still a fun game with really fun online.

Weasyl
    Demu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattie Rayner View Post
    I always liked Phantasy Star Online's method. You don't have to pay to enjoy the game, but if you wanted to go online with your friends you had to pay a small monthly fee. Lets you get into the game then join your friends later in a massive sci-fi creature busting party. I know that doesn't exactly work so well with MMORPGs, and PSO isn't an MMORPG, but it was still a fun game with really fun online.
    Is PSO2 the first pure MMO of the series? I never got into the games that much. :0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    I don't like grinding or repetition and have little patience so I was only into MMOs for a couple years before I figured it wasn't for me.

Connecting with hundreds of people to adventure and roleplay with seems cool in concept until you find out that most people are dicks and then it becomes significantly less idyllic.

I'd also just like to pay for a game one time and own it. With video games, I like paying for a product, not a service.
    Agreed - I like to /own/ a game. Otherwise all of my progress seems pointless in a sense, you know?

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Quote Originally Posted by Demu View Post
    Is PSO2 the first pure MMO of the series? I never got into the games that much. :0
    PSO2 is definitely larger than the first, though Blue Burst added a little more to the original story with the fourth episode (don't play episode 3). Universe did a lot of things right with having towns and a lot of areas to explore, but the system was clunky and not really fun. PSO2 looks like they took what did work from PSU and brought it back into good ol' PSO style, which I am really psyched about.

We can finally jump!

Weasyl
    Demu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattie Rayner View Post
    PSO2 is definitely larger than the first, though Blue Burst added a little more to the original story with the fourth episode (don't play episode 3). Universe did a lot of things right with having towns and a lot of areas to explore, but the system was clunky and not really fun. PSO2 looks like they took what did work from PSU and brought it back into good ol' PSO style, which I am really psyched about.

We can finally jump!
    PSO2 is EXTREMELY fun. I love the mechanics and overall gameplay. <3 I like the mags too.

What was supposed to be a quick look at Gw2 cost me a night's sleepm. How the time flies when you're watching chara creations and profession vids.
    Now I can't wait to break out a charr engineer or asura something.
    RELEASE THE GAME NOW

Isn't Aion B2P? I knew it was P2P at one point and I know (or hope) they aren't F2F.SWTOR is also becoming F2F soon too.

I've just started playing any games involving money to get it and/or continue playing it. I'm ok with wasting money in F2F shops cause a girl needs to look good while killing monsters and other players, but since moving in with my boyfriend he's introduced me to the other side, it isn't greener like they say but they do suit some players needs. As my bf puts it I like grindy MMO's I enjoy spending countless hours doing manual labor I wouldn't consider doing IRL, I enjoy story but I don't like reading on a game unless its important to my character. SWTOR was fun while we played but it seems it's gone to hell if it has to go F2F, feels like a waste now for the sub and the game purchase. I'm more keen to PWI and other PWE games, I also like Dragons Nest and Vindictus from Nexon, TERA was nice it game me that grindy feel and I love the combat system but no one wanted to play and when they did I had to start from square one or hold off on leveling/questing guild was too small for my liking the experience just fell apart for me I ended up on the forums more than in-game especially with the queues for the PvP servers.

I'm looking forward to play GW2 I've never played the prequel so I know little of the games background but it always caught my eye whenever I saw it on a shelf. I'm looking for more games to indulge myself in since I've been "ruined" by the pretty landscapes of Asian MMOs and their grindy quests to the point where I cannot enjoy the crappy blocky graphics of western MMOs and their in-depth storyline.