Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I really like Weasyl

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21

Weasyl
    Judicant

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicant View Post
    Sadly I knew this would be posted from what I said.

BUT I DID IT ANYWAY.
    Couldn't resist. xD Was worried about getting slack for it, but I'm cool with it.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Glad you guys are all enjoying the forums so far! Wish I could respond to more threads but I've been working my butt off getting some minor styling issues and such done for the forums. @_@ Just made the forums layout fluid and hopefully we can finalize this theme so I can convert it into a dark theme for users who prefer darker ones. :3

Its wonderful to see the community on here and how active and friendly people are - keep it up everyone.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid View Post
    I find that to be a little disappointing. It's much more functional to have one uniform style rather than multiple; something that represents the hues of the primary website. Furthermore, the difference between the background colours will make different font colours unbearable to look at depending upon the theme.
    Well it'd be quite simple to convert the existing theme and have two - this one being the default, then there would be a dark themed similar to this one and then the mobile theme as well (which we'll be working on when we can).

The colours for each theme are completely independent so there is no worries with clashing due to background colours/font colours at all. They don't share the same .css or template files so it's easy to work on one because each theme is isolated from others.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid View Post
    I am a little confused as I am not knowledgeable in forum theme creation, but the way I read what you have just said is that the two different themes will be completely independent from each other?
    Example: The font hue I am using now will not be visible on the darker theme, and will appear as the default font pigmentation?
    What of the Usergroup colours? Will they be revised to suit both themes, or will there be two separate sets?

Many apologies for all of the questions, Taw. I am both curious and wanting to learn a little about the process.
    Was thinking you were talking about the main colours and not post colours and such.

However, we are looking into a way to implement a "hide user color bbcode" option for those who don't want to see posts coloured/styled a certain way.

As for usergroups, they would probably need a slight colour tweak, yeah, we'd need to look more into it first though. A dark theme isn't really a top priority right now, as this current theme still has some flaws we need to iron out.

Weasyl
    Matt
    I never noticed the beret icons on the sides of the forums before. I really like those. They deserve more attention and praise. If the rest of the site can live up to the standards of those icons, then we will be in tremendous shape.
    Look at all the fun we're having.