Hardware synthesizers, anyone? (Music-related)

I know I'm not the only musician affiliated with this site, so I'm curious if anyone else who uses electronic equipment uses hardware synthesizers over computer software.

Part of why I bring this up, which is also why my confidence in electronics has increased, is because I had to replace the battery for one of my synths earlier today and managed to do so without causing excess problems, save some mild ongoing exhaustion in my right thumb from using a screwdriver so much.

So, any other hard synth users?

Weasyl
    HiddenCinnamon
    I'd love to use hardware over software, but unfortunately money won't allow until I find a stable source of income.
    I do have a Roland MC-09 that I found for 15 on a car boot sale though; I wish I had a good way to record it.
    ...gosh it's been a while since I visited these forums...

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenCinnamon View Post
    I'd love to use hardware over software, but unfortunately money won't allow until I find a stable source of income.
    I do have a Roland MC-09 that I found for 15 on a car boot sale though; I wish I had a good way to record it.
    ...gosh it's been a while since I visited these forums...
    I have the same problem much of the time, and the fact that I'm a vintage synthesizer nut doesn't help, especially since many of the ones I'm into (such as the Roland D50 and the NED Synclavier) do not have legal software counterparts, if any.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I use various Yamaha sound chips (inside game consoles, on sound cards) to make my music. I am creating something of my own aswell but it is too early to make any fuzz about it.

Weasyl
    Caenish
    I've got quite a few of them that I've collected over the years, but my favourites are my korg monotribe and my akai miniak. I've had to stop buying stuff now though as I've ran out of space to keep it all! :p

I don't have any

Quote Originally Posted by Chesse20 View Post
    I don't have any
    Then why did you post